| FTBL Mike Locksley says Maryland football third-stringer demanded $100,000 NIL deal

I apologize for being redundant, but I really do not like the portal and certainly do not care at all for the NIL.
I don't blame Coach Saban one bit for deciding to step down. A can of snakes, not worms, has been unleashed and it's not good for 'College' football.

ROLL TIDE ANYWAY

I apologize for being redundant, but I really do not like the portal and certainly do not care at all for the NIL.
I don't blame Coach Saban one bit for deciding to step down. A can of snakes, not worms, has been unleashed and it's not good for 'College' football.

ROLL TIDE ANYWAY

The sense of entitlement within society has exploded in recent years, and that's life outside of sports. Sure, guys could demand more playing time and there were cases (certainly in recruiting) where players went to the highest bidder... but the NIL & Collective gates opened up the entitlement flood waters to the world of college sports. I'm not at all surprised by any of that, I think few are in fact. I remain stunned (not really) that many who pushed for it and begged for it are now either quiet about their original opinions, or have changed course and acted like it never happened. And to be clear, I'm not talking about fans. Reminds me a lot of the doomsday Covid takes early on... ironically enough, from the same group of people (for the most part).

Back
Top Bottom