| FTBL Michigan May Forfeit Penn State Game

G

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/3219

The Michigan Wolverines football season may have taken (another) turn for the worse. The team is under Big Ten investigation after the school used an ineligible player in the first four games of the season. The player in question is freshman Artis Chambers. The team could have to forfeit their the victory in last weeks Penn State game as Chambers was eligible under NCAA rules but not Big Ten guidelines.

IT IS SAD IN A WAY.
LES MILES IS GONE.

c5vetman said:
I think he means that Miles will be named Michigan head coach.

I don't buy it, though. Miles may have a NC this year, why would he bolt for Michigan?

I don't believe Nick Saban would leave Alabama this soon because it is Alabama we are talking about. (I'm old enough to remember Bear Bryant)

I mention Nick Saban because we all know Michigan may have a strong interest in him and I believe this because I've read so many Alabama people express concern in this regard.

I do none the less support the notion that Les Miles will get the offer and say yes.

LM played for Bo Schembechler in 74-75 and Michigan likes to keep it in the family so too speak.

I will offer this warning: The University Of Michigan's annual budget exceeds 2 billion total on an annual basis! That is money.

Mr L E Phant said:
c5vetman said:
I think he means that Miles will be named Michigan head coach.

I don't buy it, though. Miles may have a NC this year, why would he bolt for Michigan?

I don't believe Nick Saban would leave Alabama this soon because it is Alabama we are talking about. (I'm old enough to remember Bear Bryant)

I mention Nick Saban because we all know Michigan may have a strong interest in him and I believe this because I've read so many Alabama people express concern in this regard.

I do none the less support the notion that Les Miles will get the offer and say yes.

LM played for Bo Schembechler in 74-75 and Michigan likes to keep it in the family so too speak.

I will offer this warning: The University Of Michigan's annual budget exceeds 2 billion total on an annual basis! That is money.

And the red dog howls at midnight. That's an equally pertinent comment when you throw out a three-campus operating number that has essentially nothing to do with athletics.

Let's get in the same universe, shall we?

Michigan athletic budget:
Football Revenue - $46.4 million
Total Revenue - $78.4 million
Total Expenses - $61.4 million
Net Revenue - $17 million

Alabama athletic budget:
Football Revenue - $43.0 million
Total Revenue - $62.3 million
Total Expenses - $57.0 million
Net Revenue - $5.3 million

http://www2.indystar.com/NCAA_financial_reports/revenue_stat/show

RTR,

Tim

And the red dog howls at midnight. That's an equally pertinent comment when you throw out a three-campus operating number that has essentially nothing to do with athletics.

Alabama athletic budget:

RTR,

Tim

Let me put it another way. The idea that Nick Saban would even consider Michigan or LSU never entered my mind. I guess I am not cut from that cloth.

I did begin to question the idea of Saban considering this job after so very many Alabama fans, posters or threads indicated it is a real possibility. (I do mean the devoted knowledgable variety)
I believe he will stay put but I also believe and know that if they wanted to they could match any budget. :!:

One thing is for sure, L E still loves his Big 10 football.

I love em!!?? :shock: :roll:

"I love Paul Bryant. I & dad tried to recruit a few five star athletes way back in 1969 for bear. that makes me olllllld

Mr L E Phant said:
Let me put it another way. The idea that Nick Saban would even consider Michigan or LSU never entered my mind. I guess I am not cut from that cloth.

I did begin to question the idea of Saban considering this job after so very many Alabama fans, posters or threads indicated it is a real possibility. (I do mean the devoted knowledgable variety)
I believe he will stay put but I also believe and know that if they wanted to they could match any budget. :!:

I'd be happy with one example.

TerryP said:
Mr L E Phant said:

Finebaum? :lol:

TerryP said:
Mr L E Phant said:

Just because they make the money L E, doesn't mean they're willing to spend it on a head coach. Also, a large sum of the money they make could already be going towards future endeavors.

I'll have to go find them and that may take a few days. no excuses here OK!!??

I didn't save these golden nuggets.

I will make a yeoman's effort to dredge em up. (the Saban related threads) One reason I did not save them is I personally did not expect to see Michigan in this weakened state. I mean I don't care where you come down in your NCAACF philosophy's
the wheels have come off the go-cart in Michigan.

Mr L E Phant said:

Alabama athletic budget:

RTR,

Tim

One thing is for sure, L E still loves his Big 10 football.

I love em!!?? :shock: :roll:

"I love Paul Bryant. I & dad tried to recruit a few five star athletes way back in 1969 for bear. that makes me olllllld

Mr L E, if your profile is right, you weren't born 'til 1975 and was just 7 when Coach Bryant died. How did you recruit 5-stars with your dad in 1969? Either your age is wrong or this post is. Your choice.

Back
Top Bottom