| FTBL Message From A Kentucky Fan

If you guys are as good as you've looked so far this season I don't care how much we've improved, we're toast. That being said... Rich Brooks has damned near worked a miracle in taking a historically unsuccessful UK football program made even worse by severe probationary penalties and won back to back bowl games crafting a hard hitting fundamentally sound brand of football. We have won 17 of our last 23 games which is not too shabby playing in what used to be the SEC's toughest division. :wink:

In other words, don't overlook us even if you may be good enough to do just that. LSU will tell you that we're no pushover. Any smart fan of college football understands that scholarship restrictions, shortened number of plays, better coaching and facilities at schools like UK mean that parity is more of a factor than ever. Despite that, like I said earlier... we may be toast.

I've always had a soft spot for the Tide as my uncle was Dean of the Poly-Sci department there for years so Alabama holds many warm memories of Thanksgivings and trips to Dreamland as well as great SEC basketball tournaments at the UAB civic center. Good luck to you all the rest of the season. Other than this weekend I'll be cheering for you heartily the rest of the year.

First of all, welcome to the board!

I don't think anyone should take UK lightly and I can assure you, Coach Saban won't allow it. I look forward to a good challenge from an undefeated SEC foe.

RTR!

Perfect timing to be coming to TTown primate.

Bama coming off such an emotional win, playing at home, against Kentucky= trap game. :shock:

UK isnt a bad football team and I fully expect a Dawg fight (something tougher than that georgia dog)

Enjoy your trip to TTown! Heres hoping you long for hoops to start while leaving though! (che)

postmodernprimate said:
In other words, don't overlook us even if you may be good enough to do just that. LSU will tell you that we're no pushover. Any smart fan of college football understands that scholarship restrictions, shortened number of plays, better coaching and facilities at schools like UK mean that parity is more of a factor than ever. Despite that, like I said earlier... we may be toast.

We know something about this trust us! :D

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Perfect timing to be coming to TTown primate.

Bama coming off such an emotional win, playing at home, against Kentucky= trap game. :shock:

UK isnt a bad football team and I fully expect a Dawg fight (something tougher than that georgia dog)

Enjoy your trip to TTown! Heres hoping you long for hoops to start while leaving though! (che)

Lenny, don't you mean a Wildcat fight?

Simply getting in another shot at UGA!

Dog fight is worn out phrase I opted for.

UK is a serious trap game that shouldnt be taken lightly

Welcome and trust me we will not take you guys lightly. Just look at ole miss beating UF in the swamp. Anything can happen in the SEC. So thanks again and ROLL TIDE to you.

While it is true that Kentucky has not had any really tough opponents, they still have great stats.

So, how do you know how good they are? You don't. The flip side of that is that you don't know how bad they are either.

As for me, I haven't seen a single game of their's this year. Luckily, someone we all know is making 4 million a year to know these things and we can all rest assured that he is on top of it. That is a good feeling for a 'Bama fan, it hasn't been that way for quite a while now.

The stats are kind of scary, even knowing Kentucky hasn't faced stellar opposition.

They beat us at:

Pass Efficiency Defense

Fumbles Recovered

Kickoff Returns

Net Punting

Passing Offense

Pass Defense

Scoring Defense

Total Defense

Sacks

Tackles For Loss

I'll say this; a couple of seasons ago I thought Rich Brooks was in trouble and Brooks himself pobably hoped he'd be fired just so he could get out of that mess that was Kentucky. Since then he's turned it around some at UK. I have to give him credit for the job he's done.

I have no illusions here. I think (hope)BAMA wins this one but I think it might be tougher than some folks imagine. Brooks will have the Wildcats eady to play against us.

postmodernprimate said:
UK isnt a bad football team and I fully expect a Dawg fight

Lenny, don't you mean a Wildcat fight?

Shhhh! This is just what we're counting on.

(Focusing on Georgia, that is. In case my lame attempt at humor wasn't clear enough.)

LOL. I got it, PMP.

Back
Top Bottom