| FTBL Maybe next year

Every knew this was a 7 win season. I am glad we won one of the last 3. We still have a shot at beating Auburn and Tennesse. I am just surprised it is the O that is terrible. I expected the D to be our sore spot.

GeorgiaTider said:
Every knew this was a 7 win season. I am glad we won one of the last 3. We still have a shot at beating Auburn and Tennesse. I am just surprised it is the O that is terrible. I expected the D to be our sore spot.

The way we are playing we might not win 7.

GeorgiaTider said:

7 win season? All it takes is 2 of the big 5 for 9 wins. You mention having a shot at beating UT at Auburn. There, you have 9.

It's all been about these 5 games all year. We are only through 2 of them.

reger60 said:
bamafan850 said:
I am so very tired of saying this year after year for many years but, maybe next year.

So you're scrapping the entire season? Heck of a fan. See you next season.[/quote

I understand, but I truely believe FSU is one of the worst teams on our schedule. Hopefully we can pick it up but this looks like another year of - maybe next year. It just gets old after many years.

First off, please no one say we thought this was going to be less than an eight win season again. This was a topic of hot debate last year and I have carefully archived all the preseason predictions. What “we” (the posters on this site) expected was 8.64 wins this season, I’ve done the math from all the predictions. That’s without the bowl game and I’m gonna be charitable at let people say eight wins was expected, but very few expected less than 8 wins this season.

That said, I certainly did not expect this to be a great season, I’m just very frustrated that we continue to lose what appears to be winnable games. I saw nothing from FSU or UGA that made me think they were that much better than us. FSU especially. I’ve watched NC State, Virginia, Wake Forrest, and Maryland march down to Florida and beat that team in recent years and FSU isn’t vastly improved this year over the past two seasons. Truth is, we just were not aggressive enough early in the game to win it and that has me very frustrated right now.

RollTideRandy said:
First off, please no one say we thought this was going to be less than an eight win season again. This was a topic of hot debate last year and I have carefully archived all the preseason predictions. What “we” (the posters on this site) expected was 8.64 wins this season, I’ve done the math from all the predictions. That’s without the bowl game and I’m gonna be charitable at let people say eight wins was expected, but very few expected less than 8 wins this season.

That said, I certainly did not expect this to be a great season, I’m just very frustrated that we continue to lose what appears to be winnable games. I saw nothing from FSU or UGA that made me think they were that much better than us. FSU especially. I’ve watched NC State, Virginia, Wake Forrest, and Maryland march down to Florida and beat that team in recent years and FSU isn’t vastly improved this year over the past two seasons. Truth is, we just were not aggressive enough early in the game to win it and that has me very frustrated right now.
Right on Randy we don't want it it is evident! We don't hit like a bama team that needs to change in a hurry!

The playcalling to me doesn't look much different than last year. I am not meaning this as a bash on the coaches, but it seems more like our offense is confused. Since a lot of the playcalling is the same I don't see where the confusion is coming from.

tidenumber1 said:
The playcalling to me doesn't look much different than last year. I am not meaning this as a bash on the coaches, but it seems more like our offense is confused. Since a lot of the playcalling is the same I don't see where the confusion is coming from.

Maybe cause it's a new system?

I can see a huge difference in play calling! HUGE minus the damn screen! I believe we can call the right play vs any defense, we have got to have players making plays! Instead of running half ass routes. If the balls not being thrown in there direction.

Bandwaggoners!!!!! off with your head and over the barn message boards like they where doing the last 2 weeks. read my post on Applewhite.

BAMA!!! EITHER LOVE IT AND SUPPORT IT OR GET THE HELL ON SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Something is just not right about the offense. Is it a player controversy? I have to say, early on this year, I worried about the Defense, but really, they are doing a heck of a job, especially considering the amount of time they are playing each game. Now the offense worries me. Like other have said, maybe JPW should sit out a series or two and let someone else see if they have the hot hand. I don't know the answers, but this team is a play or two away from becoming a great team.

What this game boils down to though...

The 10 yard penalty when we were on the 25, in scoring range killed us. The fumble on the 5 yard line really killed us.

As I see it, the two teams were pretty evenly matched up. The team that got the breaks won.

JPW plays great in the two minute drill. Heck, run it the whole game. Not much difference in that and doing 3 and outs...at least we would put more points on the board.

OxfordBamaFan said:
Bandwaggoners!!!!! off with your head and over the barn message boards like they where doing the last 2 weeks. read my post on Applewhite.

I LOVE it and SUPPORT it...I just want our offense to do SOMETHING with it...!!!

noblessf said:
OxfordBamaFan said:

I LOVE it and SUPPORT it...I just want our offense to do SOMETHING with it...!!!

I hope you aren't under the impression that every single Alabama fan, Alabama coach, and Alabama player feels any differently than you. We all want the offense to score points. I promise you though, NONE of us want more production out of the offense than the people on the Bama sidelines.

Win or lose, ROLL TIDE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom