LSU Athletics and Playfly Sports are partnering to launch LSU GOLD, an exclusive, on-demand content streaming service premiering August 1. Powered by WMT Digital, GOLD (www.lsu.gold) will offer unrivaled content and unprecedented access to the Tigers year-round, including behind-the-scenes documentary series, in-depth interviews, premium podcasts, and more.
Beginning August 1, GOLD will be available to stream on mobile devices, desktop and laptop computers, and OTT streaming platforms, Roku, Apple TV, Android TV and Amazon Fire TV.
Priced at $8.99 a month, GOLD will be produced by South Stadium Productions, the newly rebranded, award-winning content arm of the athletics department, in partnership with Playfly Sports, LSU’s multimedia rights holder, and WMT Digital, GOLD’s digital platform partner specializing in results-based digital marketing, software engineering and web development.
“Through the launch of our subscription content network, LSU GOLD, and the convergence of our creative talents in South Stadium Productions, LSU Athletics is taking the next step to ensure we continue to lead the nation in innovative, engaging storytelling,” said Director of Athletics Scott Woodward. “We are excited to offer our fans a subscription service to connect them closer to the teams they love, and we are confident the team we are assembling and the infrastructure we are building will help us further engage the most passionate fans in the country and take the already-iconic LSU brand to new heights.”
LSU GOLDGOLD will be built on entirely new content and expanded access to award-winning features. Fans will still be able to enjoy LSU’s already-existing menu of content for free at LSUSports.net and on social media, while receiving additional, exclusive coverage through GOLD.
“The LSU creative team has been at the forefront of the college landscape for years, and the content coming to LSU GOLD will take fans behind the scenes in a way that has never been done before,” said LSU Chief of Creative Content Emily Dixon, who will oversee the day-to-day production of GOLD. “With unprecedented access to every team on campus, GOLD is the perfect platform to tell the stories of our talented student-athletes and accomplished staffs.”
Among GOLD’s initial offerings will be episodic content series featuring all of LSU Athletics, including:
- The Follow: an all-access documentary detailing LSU Football coach Brian Kelly’s first season in Baton Rouge, from his arrival in December through the fall of 2022.
- Eye to Eye: In-depth interviews with LSU’s elite coaches, student-athletes, and staff.
- Film Room: Breakdowns of key plays and critical performances, featuring current and former-student athletes and coaches.
- Hey Fightin’ Podcast Network: Daily podcast video covering all of LSU’s sports and complimenting LSU’s free audio podcast offerings. The HFP network will also include premium podcasts found only on GOLD, including the Cutting Edge with Jack Marucci and interviews with LSU’s football coaches all season long.
- UNCUT: Longer edits and additional coverage of practices, games, and behind-the-scenes events.