| FTBL Love, Boswell, and B. Jones have all played tonight...

At the rate we are going.....the cheerleaders will start suiting up next!!

With the way college ball is now...I say let the guys play. We are lucky to have players for 3 years this day and age. I say we, because of the talent that CNS pulls in.

I know Saban knows wha the's doing, but unless he sees them getting signifigant time later in he year, I don't see the reason of burning a shirt this early.

Bama Bo said:
I know Saban knows wha the's doing, but unless he sees them getting signifigant time later in he year, I don't see the reason of burning a shirt this early.

I thought the exact same thing about Fanuzzi last year, and we know how that worked out. With the folks CNS brings in. He might be using game experience to help with the evaluation. :wink:

All those guys seemed to play well (from my eyes). So, if they can play and it adds more depht that we need, I have no problem with it.

I dont want Andre Smith to get injured and we let the opposing teams start the snaps in our backfield again.

I think by playing them, that tells us pretty clearly that Saban isn't satisfied with what he's got behind the front 5, and possibly not even 1 of those. Our O-Line is going to be a mess next year IMO if some of these guys don't get as many snaps as possible.

Porter said:
I think by playing them, that tells us pretty clearly that Saban isn't satisfied with what he's got behind the front 5, and possibly not even 1 of those. Our O-Line is going to be a mess next year IMO if some of these guys don't get as many snaps as possible.

Come on Porter don't say that, you've got me worried.

I just don't see how 50 snaps max will help them for next season, but I'm also no expert.

I questioned this decision initially, but when you consider that Marlon Davis, Caldwell, and (probably) Smitty won't be back, it may be a good reason to play them now. We're gonna sign some quality o-lineman in February as well.

If you ask me, I don't see the importance for redshirting guys who are ready physically, mentally, and emotionally to play right away.

Kudos to Coach Saban and staff!!

The Process is making Progress!!!

Back
Top Bottom