| FTBL Looks like USC might have just played themselves...

I

imported_porkchop

....right out of the national championship picture.

Weak schedule, weak conference, 1 loss already. If any SEC team finished with 0 or 1 loss then they get in. Oklahoma or another team could take the other slot.

What say you?

Love it! Love it! Love it! I've been listening to a local group of boys from troy claim that they're going to have more MNC's than Bama after this year. Now they can STFU and crawl back in their collective hole.

porkchop said:
....right out of the national championship picture.

Weak schedule, weak conference, 1 loss already. If any SEC team finished with 0 or 1 loss then they get in. Oklahoma or another team could take the other slot.

What say you?

I say that I hope I am as right about the UGA game as I have been about everything else. I was just talking about USC losing to Oregon State yesterday.

Their were some who were speculating that even if USCw ran the table they might not get to Miami because of how bad the PAC 10 is this year, compared to The SEC and BIG 12. Doug Segrest, of the B'ham News even thought it was possible for a one loss SEC team and a one loss BIG 12 team to be in the NC game even if USC was undefeated.

Bamaboy214 said:
Well we hope they r out of the title pic. You know the media and the experts love USC. I'm sick of them.
IF an SEC teams wins out, and Oklahoma does the same. There is no way USC plays in the NC game. Especially after Stinky Pete's comments about the ridiculously hard schedule USC faces.

I think its too early to tell. They've got a pushover schedule the rest of the way. If they're going to lose one, its best to do so in September.

With all the media love given to USC, it won't be long until the lemmings in the media jump back on their bandwagon. It's really embarrassing to see the ESPN guys gushing over Sanchez and Tebow. Give it 4 or 5 weeks and, if they haven't lost another one, they'll be in contention again.

True dat. If USC starts back with their winning ways, they can certainly play themselves back into the picture. The only team in the SEC I can see going undefeated is the winner of Bama-UGA, or Florida. If LSU lost two last year, I think they are good for at least 1-2 losses again this year. Fact is, we could not possibly have more than one undefeated team come from the SEC because even if Bama and UF, who don't play each other in the regular season, ran the table, we would have to meet in Atlanta.

Hey, and don't think that Ohio State is out of the picture either. All they need to do is get bumped above USC in this week's AP poll, even the Trojans routed them, and then beat Penn State (no small task right there). IF they do those two things, then they are as much in the hunt as any OTHER one-loss team.

I'd love to see an undefeated Oklahoma/Missouri/Texas (why is no one talking about this team?) matchup versus an undefeated Bama/UGA/Florida anytime!!

ExiledTidefan said:
If LSU lost two last year, I think they are good for at least 1-2 losses again this year.
Without a doubt.

ExiledTidefan said:
I'd love to see an undefeated Oklahoma/Missouri/Texas (why is no one talking about this team?) matchup versus an undefeated Bama/UGA/Florida anytime!!

Do you mean Texas? If so, I think its because their defense is suspect. They haven't played anyone and they still don't look very good on 'D'.

Nate said:
IF an SEC teams wins out, and Oklahoma does the same. There is no way USC plays in the NC game. Especially after Stinky Pete's comments about the ridiculously hard schedule USC faces.

The AP would likely go against the grain and vote USC #1 ala 2003. Not that they'd get a nifty cystal football for it, but still... :wink:

Depends on what happens down the road with the other unbeaten BCS teams. I am glad they lost, I am tired of USC getting hyped up with that Pac 10 schedule of theirs. They are a good team but let's see them play a schedule like Georgia's! I would like to see us play them in the Rose Bowl in January.

Back
Top Bottom