| BSB/SB Local Pizzeria holds "Jello Shot drinking contest" for the entire CWS. They're in their 11 series this year. Your weird news of the day.

TerryP

Staff
Rocco's Pizzeria, Ohama. Looks like it has the potential to be a fun place (if you like outdoor, landlocked patios.)

Screenshot 2022-06-19 9.09.31 AM.png

I came across the story of this bar a few years ago. The promotion impressed me knowing the margin that can be made on jello shots. 2968 shots is the record held by Mississippi State. So you know Ole Miss fans are going all in (see video below.)

On June 19th this season started ...

FVYq_-pWAAsrHam

FOLLOW THEIR TIMELINE HERE>

Amazing gesture. Wholesome folks.
I'm so tempted to call and ask what kind of liquor they're using. The margin. I can't let go of the "need" to know.

Back in the days of being in the bar industry ...

We ran Jello Shot specials during special events. IE: Super Bowl parties. I can't remember how many trays (like the ones you'd have your food served on at a cafeteria) were filled with shots but I do know the last time it was just shy of 20 trays—about a foot and a half high stacked. As I recall, a bottle of liquor was breaking down 35-40 shots. $11.99 PGA bottle of liquor. That I remember.

With them "giving back" $2 per shot I'm thinking they're still hitting around 100% on margin. There may be, MAY BE, a dollar found in one of those. Hell, at today's prices the shot cups are a nickel, or more, a piece. With lids they would be paying close to a quarter a cup.

I'm so tempted to call and ask what kind of liquor they're using. The margin. I can't let go of the "need" to know.

Back in the days of being in the bar industry ...

We ran Jello Shot specials during special events. IE: Super Bowl parties. I can't remember how many trays (like the ones you'd have your food served on at a cafeteria) were filled with shots but I do know the last time it was just shy of 20 trays—about a foot and a half high stacked. As I recall, a bottle of liquor was breaking down 35-40 shots. $11.99 PGA bottle of liquor. That I remember.

With them "giving back" $2 per shot I'm thinking they're still hitting around 100% on margin. There may be, MAY BE, a dollar found in one of those. Hell, at today's prices the shot cups are a nickel, or more, a piece. With lids they would be paying close to a quarter a cup.

I want to see the production and the stocking of these jello shots. Based off the Arkansas guy buying a thousand, you have to wonder what their cooler looks like the week or so of the "M" College World Series.

I'd be betting you're right with 100% margin. Probably some low grade vodka, which I have zero issues with them using. It's a promotional deal and they can do it. You have to wonder though, where are they getting their Jello? Walmart shelves in that town gotta be running low at the rate that board shows.

Back
Top Bottom