| FTBL Little snip from ESPN this morning

I think people are blowing that a little out of proportion. I think most of the 10 will be playing on special teams, which is pretty common. I hope that is the case anyway. Freshmen will get you beat.

Red_Tsunami said:
I think people are blowing that a little out of proportion. I think most of the 10 will be playing on special teams, which is pretty common. I hope that is the case anyway. Freshmen will get you beat.

Weak, slow, undermotivated, and short on talent upperclassmen will get you beat as well.

Antonio Carter, Kendall Moorehead, Kenny King, Saleem Rasheed and Rolondo McClain would beg to differ. And that's just who I could think of in 15 seconds after 3 drinks.

Big_Fan said:
Red_Tsunami said:

Weak, slow, under motivated, and short on talent upperclassmen will get you beat as well.

So true.

I remember hearing a coach several years back say that with all the kids coming in this day and age with the "make an impact" and play early attitudes.....that it is not uncommon to play 6-8 true freshman every year on your team. Granted that probably 4 of your 6 would be on special teams.

With all the hype around this class I could see us playing 10 easily and probably 7-8 of those being on the field and not on special teams only. Thinking back to Rolondo last year and Andre the year before. We now have a class full of those type talent guys, so I don't think you will see a large drop off in talent even if they are true freshmen. I can't ever remember seeing a team of true freshmen so physically mature. Granted you have those guys sprinkled throughout your class from year to year, but to have so many in one class is mind boggling sometimes. I'm drinking the kool-aid by the gallon. MNC in 08!! ........probably more like 09, but hey why not!

Back
Top Bottom