| FOOD Life hack: how to spread your butter on pancakes

We keep butter in a dish on the counter. Always soft. Been thinking about one of these

I have one. I'm no fan of a torn up piece of toast that's destroyed trying to spread butter.

Soft butter, versus the spreadable margarine? No contest. I've found the REAL butter stays good for about three days...just have to adjust the amount you keep in the container based on what you are planning on cooking. IE: I added some yesterday because I'm having corn on the cob as a side tonight; planning on loaded baked potatoes for lunch tomorrow.

You right, I cook with butter, real butter, a lot but sweets for breakfast ain't on my menu
I'll go with you here. I don't eat a lot of sweets for breakfast. I made some cinnamon rolls two days ago (scratch, no cans or any of that crap) and that's almost too sweet. I'll eat a blueberry waffle with a cup of coffee; no syrup.

I'll take this to another level on sweets. I have three different varieties of cookies in my cabinet. None are what I'd call, "sweet." IE: You'll find Ginger Snaps in the cabinet 99 percent of the time vs something like, say, chocolate chip.

Love me some hickory doughs!!!!!!!
I try to stay away from them though!!!
Blueberry from Dunkin' hit me the same way. There's a location less than a half of a mile from the house; can walk there in 10, bike there in 3-4, or drive in 10. (Traffic, this time of the morning.) If I ate one right now, it would probably be Thursday before I could stomach another; so freakin' sweet!

Reminds me: When I was a kid my mom had a really good friend, Mrs. Browser. Her husband ran a Krispy-Kreme route at the time and he was allowed to bring home all of the "day old" merchandise. It's likely the reason I can't each much of them now: those snacks were everywhere when I was growing up. Everywhere. (And no, it hasn't shown up in my belt sizes.)

Blueberry from Dunkin' hit me the same way. There's a location less than a half of a mile from the house; can walk there in 10, bike there in 3-4, or drive in 10. (Traffic, this time of the morning.) If I ate one right now, it would probably be Thursday before I could stomach another; so freakin' sweet!

Reminds me: When I was a kid my mom had a really good friend, Mrs. Browser. Her husband ran a Krispy-Kreme route at the time and he was allowed to bring home all of the "day old" merchandise. It's likely the reason I can't each much of them now: those snacks were everywhere when I was growing up. Everywhere. (And no, it hasn't shown up in my belt sizes.)

A blueberry from Milton bakery in Milton, fl. Get there early to get one, cause they go quick.

Glazed from Krispy Kreme.

Salted caramel from Maynard’s in p’cola.
That’s the best around here!
Maynard’s also had the best chocolate iced in the world! The icing tasted just like my grandmothers chocolate cake frosting. They sold out and didn’t sell the recipe with the shops…..

A blueberry from Milton bakery in Milton, fl.
There's something I miss from yesteryear; the old mom and pop bakery.

There are plenty of bakeries around here. BUT, they tend to serve donuts in a Charcuterie cup rather than a napkin; all I need.

There was one of those mom and pop's on Perkins Avenue in Memphis in the late 80's...just north of Summer Avenue in the east side of Perkins. I've never had a better cruller.

I'll go with you here. I don't eat a lot of sweets for breakfast. I made some cinnamon rolls two days ago (scratch, no cans or any of that crap) and that's almost too sweet. I'll eat a blueberry waffle with a cup of coffee; no syrup.

I'll take this to another level on sweets. I have three different varieties of cookies in my cabinet. None are what I'd call, "sweet." IE: You'll find Ginger Snaps in the cabinet 99 percent of the time vs something like, say,
I don't eat a lot of sweets either but for breakfast it's pretty much a never.

Chocolate chip cookies with caramel, soft not crispy, are probably my favorite cookie but only get the craving once or twice a year. Don't care for ginger snaps but do like oatmeal.

Back
Top Bottom