| FTBL Life after AJ

Our team next year is going to be so strong / experienced across the entire offense that whoever the staff puts back there at QB will be able to function at a winning level. jmo

3 crystal trophies and fans are still questioning coaching decisions. There is a reason they are doing this.

At least we haven't talked about the backup RB being the better RB this year...

Well I'm definitely not questioning the staff, I trust their judgement.

I don't think Blake Sims is an SEC QB, wouldn't mind being wrong though.
This

Birdman... The Emperor has no clothes.... A metaphor involves a situation wherein the overwhelming majority of observers willingly share in a collective ignorance of an obvious fact, despite individually recognising the absurdity.

If CNS is fully committed to Sims as #2, why doesn't he get more snaps with the starters? Isn't it as important for QBs as any other position. There have been ample opportunities this year to allow Sims to develop in games. Building confidence and skills with starters are important, don't you think?

This

Birdman... The Emperor has no clothes.... A metaphor involves a situation wherein the overwhelming majority of observers willingly share in a collective ignorance of an obvious fact, despite individually recognising the absurdity.

If CNS is fully committed to Sims as #2, why doesn't he get more snaps with the starters? Isn't it as important for QBs as any other position. There have been ample opportunities this year to allow Sims to develop in games. Building confidence and skills with starters are important, don't you think?

I'm just being curious.......did AJ get more snaps with starters in 2010?

Our team next year is going to be so strong / experienced across the entire offense that whoever the staff puts back there at QB will be able to function at a winning level. jmo

Found this....seems oddly familiar..... Insert names as you will

Quarterback _______ could be the new starter for the Alabama Crimson Tide in 201_ as _________ departs for the NFL. _________ will be competing with _________ for the starting job. Both quarterbacks were rated highly by scouting services as they came out of high school, but are relatively inexperienced at the collegiate level.Here are some of the reasons to sit and start __________ for the 201_ season. All stats are courtesy of ESPN.com.
Sit
#1. Garbage Playing Time

__________ playing time was relatively limited during 201_. He only attempted __ passes and played under 100 snaps during the season. ________ playing time only adds up to about 1 full game or a game and a half when combined together.

__________ primarily received snaps against less-talented opponents such as the ___________ and ___________. Players with more talent could have provided a better test of his skills.

#2. Talented Alternative in _________
___________ is the top competition for __________. He's slightly shorter, but was believed to be a top pro-style quarterback during his recruiting. Both _________ and _______ have excellent arms, but _____ has produced faster 40 times off of the field.

With a pair of talented options to choose from, it could be difficult for head coach Nick Saban to name a starter. If _______ or ______ starts and struggles, a viable starting option is waiting on the bench.

Opinion

The Alabama Crimson Tide is loaded with talent. No matter who the starter is, he simply has to manage the game and distribute the ball to the playmakers. The learning curve for a new starter should be low because of the strong supporting cast.

I think the Alabama Crimson Tide should start __________ for the 201_ season. He has a slight edge in experience from playing during 201_. If _____ and _____ are even during spring ball and training camp, _________ should start since he has already showed some potential in limited playing time. With the number of talented skill position players around him, ________ should be able to grow on the job relatively easily.

Nothing is a given! Blake may or may not be the starter next season. I do know this though!! If CNS runs him out there as our starter next season, I'm 100% behind him!!

I'm just being curious.......did AJ get more snaps with starters in 2010?

The only games I can recall AJ getting PT with the starters was the San Jose State game when Julio made that insane one handed catch and the Tennessee game. I think Julio was in the game when AJ got the famous "spanking" but I think he was the only starter.

Nick Saban
167-55-1 overall
76-13 at Bama with 6 of those losses coming in his first year, the "transition" year.
69-7 since 2008
4 National Championships at 2 different schools. He has 3 of the last 4 at Bama.

If Blake Simms comes out and takes the first snap of the 2014 season, I will be convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is the "best" QB on that team.

But who knows, Saban may do what he did at the beginning of the 2011 season with AJ and Star.

Remember in 2009, when ostensibly Star was the back up, but Nick said that if anything catastrophic had happened to Greg, AJ would be the one trying to win the NC. If that is the scenario, then Del Rio may be the guy.

The only games I can recall AJ getting PT with the starters was the San Jose State game when Julio made that insane one handed catch and the Tennessee game. I think Julio was in the game when AJ got the famous "spanking" but I think he was the only starter.

Tennesse in '10. He had a bomb to Julio, then threw a perfect pass to Trent for a TD.

Saban has played this as cagey as anything he has done...

He has kept them all on an even footing so he can make them all compete all the way through next fall camp... And maybe beyond... The only thing certain is that it won't be Sims...

Back
Top Bottom