| FTBL Lets talk about Ole Miss vs Florida!!

BigAl

Verified Member
Would you say that Florida just played that bad and that unprepared or would your say that Ole Miss was just that good or lucky?

Optimus said:
BigAl said:
Would you say that Florida just played that bad and that unprepared or would your say that Ole Miss was just that good or lucky?

Key word turnovers!

I see that a lot, and sure it's key. But, I offer this to chew on.

Ole Miss drove 70 yards for their first touchdown to take a 7-0 lead. That possession wasn't because UF turned the ball over, it's because Ole Miss' defense held the on 4th down when Tebow couldn't complete the pass on 4th and 3.

UF, after taking a 17-7 lead, does fumble twice giving Ole Miss a short field to work with allowing them to tie.

Tied 17-17, middle of the 3rd, Ole Miss drives 72 yards for a TD. Takes the lead, 24-17.

4th quarter, 80+ yard drive allows Ole Miss to score again. Not off of a turnover, but off of Florida not being able to get a first down.

Blocked extra point keeps Ole Miss' lead at 31-30.

Florida gets the ball back in the 4th, has a good drive going and finds themselves 4th and 1 on the Ole Miss 32. Can't convert.

I'll give Ole Miss 10 points off of turnovers, but I will not take a thing away from their defense for creating turnovers and being able to stop UF on 4th down more than once.

TerryP said:
Optimus said:
BigAl said:

Key word turnovers!

I see that a lot, and sure it's key. But, I offer this to chew on.

Ole Miss drove 70 yards for their first touchdown to take a 7-0 lead. That possession wasn't because UF turned the ball over, it's because Ole Miss' defense held the on 4th down when Tebow couldn't complete the pass on 4th and 3.

UF, after taking a 17-7 lead, does fumble twice giving Ole Miss a short field to work with allowing them to tie.

Tied 17-17, middle of the 3rd, Ole Miss drives 72 yards for a TD. Takes the lead, 24-17.

4th quarter, 80+ yard drive allows Ole Miss to score again. Not off of a turnover, but off of Florida not being able to get a first down.

Blocked extra point keeps Ole Miss' lead at 31-30.

Florida gets the ball back in the 4th, has a good drive going and finds themselves 4th and 1 on the Ole Miss 32. Can't convert.

I'll give Ole Miss 10 points off of turnovers, but I will not take a thing away from their defense for creating turnovers and being able to stop UF on 4th down more than once.

Hmm... what defense do you know is good at creating turnovers and stopping teams on 4th down? :wink:

reger60 said:
Hmm... what defense do you know is good at creating turnovers and stopping teams on 4th down? :wink:

Alabama? :D

Very interesting...I only watched the ending of that game. Didn't know Ole Miss drove on Florida so easily.

Snead was 9-of-20 passing for 185 yards, not great numbers, but he made plays when the Rebels needed them. His biggest was an 86-yard touchdown pass to Shay Hodge that put the Rebels ahead 31-24 with 5:26 to play.

Tim Tebow brought the Gators back, driving them 78 yards in about 2 minutes, but the game-tying extra point was blocked by defensive lineman Kentrell Lockett. Florida coach Urban Meyer argued that Lockett illegally jumped over the offensive line, but the officials did not agree.

Florida forced a punt and had one more chance, but Tebow was stuffed for no gain on fourth-and-1 at the Ole Miss 32-yard line.

Snead took a couple of knees from there, running out the clock and setting off a raucous celebration in and around the small section of Ole Miss who made the trip.

Tebow was 24-of-38 passing for 319 yards and a touchdown. He ran 15 times for 7 yards and two scores, a far cry from the 166 yards he had in Oxford last season.

He also misfired on several long passes and underthrew one in the end zone. And on his lone TD toss to Percy Harvin, it came on a deflected pass that Kendrick Lewis nearly intercepted.

Florida's biggest problem was three turnovers and a miserable third quarter that might go down as the worst 15 minutes in the Meyer era.

Leading 17-7, Harvin fumbled on the second play of the third. Ole Miss turned it into a field goal. Tebow fumbled on the next play, and Snead found Cordera Eason on a perfectly called screen pass for an 18-yard touchdown. Eason leapt over Markihe Anderson at the 5 and rolled into the end zone to tie the game.

It got worse for the Gators, too.

Tebow, under heavy pressure all day long, just couldn't find a rhythm. Ole Miss did. Dexter McCluster, who lined up countless times in the "Wild Rebel'' formation made famous by Darren McFadden under Nutt at Arkansas, busted through the line and rambled 40 yards for a touchdown that made it 24-17.

The Gators regrouped in the fourth - Tebow even tied it with a short run early in the quarter - but the defensive collapse on the long pass play and the blocked extra point turned out to be the difference.

Harvin ran 10 times for 82 yards and a touchdown, and had 13 receptions for 186 yards and a score. But he also fumbled three times, losing one of them. Tight end Aaron Hernandez also fumbled for Florida, which lost an SEC home opener for just the second time in 20 years.

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1591274&SPSID=12792&SPID=737&DB_OEM_ID=2600

A UF guy I know has used the argument that the Gaytors looked slack in that game. I think Ole Miss made them look slack.

bamaupsman said:
A UF guy I know has used the argument that the Gaytors looked slack in that game. I think Ole Miss made them look slack.

It's what happens when Teabag plays a DEFENSE!!! :twisted:

bamaupsman said:

You didn't know? Tim Tebow ripped his heart out that weekend and gave it to a small orphan child who was on the waiting list for a heart transplant. He let the kid borrow it to stay alive until Monday when he got his new heart.

It's tough to play football with no heart. That won't stop Tim Tebow though... only slow him down.

Back
Top Bottom