| FTBL Les Miles....

He made 2 dumbarse calls in the fourth quarter that happened to work out. Risking a timeout by challenging the kickoff return by Florida earned him nine yards. A dumb risk, given that he had just one timeout to give up. And, if Hester hadn't scored on fourth down at the goal line, LSU fans everywhere would have been calling for his head for not tyiing it up with a field goal. Ballsy calls, to be sure, but he certainly wasn't playing the odds.

CrimsonPirate said:
He made 2 dumbarse calls in the fourth quarter that happened to work out. Risking a timeout by challenging the kickoff return by Florida earned him nine yards. A dumb risk, given that he had just one timeout to give up. And, if Hester hadn't scored on fourth down at the goal line, LSU fans everywhere would have been calling for his head for not tyiing it up with a field goal. Ballsy calls, to be sure, but he certainly wasn't playing the odds.

Hester ran for most of that last drive. UF hadn't stopped him or LSU's O-line during the most part of the last drive. Seemed like a pretty clear choice to me.

Miles made some COMPLETELY DUMB calls last night.(all happened to work :shock: )

You CANT go for a TD on 4th and goal from the 3 down by 10. Thats a 2pt conversion! Check the stats on those and it doesnt bode well. If LSU doesnt score there the game is over. Miles then went for it on the last drive with some really GUTSY/dumb calls. They won but wow if any of those dont work :p

I really don't think we could've gone 5 for 5 on 4th down conversions. Now I haven't checked the stat book or anything, but our 4th down conversion % has got to be in 30's. Hell, our 3rd down compeletion % has got to be in the 30's. We don't have a back as dependable as Hester or a Qb as versatile as Perriloux or an O Line that blocks as good as LSU's o-line. I we were going to, I would say our best bet would be to put Jimmy Johns, Baron Huber, or maybe Glen Coffe in, and run 'em right behind 71.

I'm not crazy about Miles, but I do respect him. Even if those were dumb calls, they worked, so that made him a genius.
I still like him better than Meyer. Meyer just seems like such a smug, cocky, S. O. B. I even found myself pulling for Auburn last week to beat the unstoppable Tebow and the almighty Gators.

BamaDelta said:
Calls like that make you a genius when they work.
Exactly right Sandra, and they make you unemployed if they don't. Miles is straight up lucky they did because if not there would be a serious melt down coming from the LSwho fanbase. They better get their heads on straigh cause wheather they want to addmit it or not they are very luck those gambles worked this time. Maybe they should ask Tubs about the price of gambling.

I told some of my LSU friends this morning that, whatever they're paying Jacob Hester, it ain't enough. He's one tough SOB . . . not big, not fast, but does everything well.

Btw, I missed Miles' Saban comment. What'd he say?

I can't fault Miles on coaching. That's his team for sure now. If he was so-so or no good at all, it would have reared its head by now.
That said, I think he's a putz and hope he leaves the conference. Pull your hat down ya dweeb!

Back
Top Bottom