Lemmy Died.

Snout Spout

Deep in the Hole
I was saddened this morning to learn of the death of legendary bassist/vocalist Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead/Hawkwind. His health had started to go downhill last year and he had to cancel some shows a few months ago due to shortness of breath. Just two nights ago, I saw interviews with him from November talking about a former bandmate that had died recently and the Paris terror attacks. I noticed how unusually thin and gaunt he looked. It reminded me of pictures I head seen on Coach Bryant from his final year and how he had gone from a huge man, to suddenly very thin. I thought he would pass soon, but I had no idea how soon. I had read how he had been diagnosed with diabetes in the last few years and had had a pacemaker installed last year, but apparently what got him was an extremely aggressive cancer that was diagnosed just two days before he passed.

He was an extremely important figure in hard rock/heavy metal, and although he had a reputation for being the embodiment of the rock'n'roll lifestyle, the reality was he was a loner who spent most of his time reading books, collecting military memorabilia and playing video games. Why thoughtful people like him die, but burnouts like Ozzy are still around and healthy is a tribute to the nonsensical nature of life.

Back
Top Bottom