| FTBL largest camera lens you can take inside of the stands?

G

I figured this section might be the ideal section to ask this question.

What is the largest size lens length I can take into the stands?

TIA

Doemasters takes a lens in that looks like something that fell off the Hubble space telescope, so I assume pretty much anything and everything is ok. If they tell you "no" at one gate though, just turn around and try the next one. Sooner or later, someone will let you pass.

Good to hear as I wanted to take in a loaned 70-200mm f/2.8!

Love this lens!

pic_001_l.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the 70-200mm f/2 somewhere around 7 1/2 inches or so? If you sneak that bad boy in, I'd take Doemasters warning serious and try to pick my shots carefully. JMHO.

Doemasters said:
be careful, last time i was told 6" was the max size

What is the largest size you've taken in? Did you carry in a backpack or just carrying your camera and lens(es) in? If you did carry in backpack, did they thoroughly search it? I am thinking of sneaking in a little bottle (pint) in my backpack in a hidden rear laptop compartment.

I can take my 70-300mm in but its slow (f/4.5-5.6) and the AF is pathetic :roll: . It will go down to -6" at 70mm so i'll be fine for that one. I'm really wanting to take the 70-200mm because this game is going to be at 4 so lighting isn't going to stay around after the half, so a fast lens is a must.

I'm going to be on row 2/section N. Do you think they might make an exception since I won't be deep within a crowd surrounding me?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions but I figured you would be the one to ask.

Back
Top Bottom