| MBB/WBB Lady Vols fire their coach

Maybe Alabama's AD will do the same with Curry. Heck, she's been at Bama 11 years and Harper at Tennessee just 5. That shows White is serious about women's basketball at Tennessee, not so much for Alabama.
Like others have alluded to, not really something Bama is interested in spending big $ on right now. Especially with NIL era kicking off, time to circle the wagons around profitable sports ventures and let the others do whatever they can.

Like others have alluded to, not really something Bama is interested in spending big $ on right now. Especially with NIL era kicking off, time to circle the wagons around profitable sports ventures and let the others do whatever they can.
Byrne could find a much better coach than Curry for $550,000 a year, her salary. With the talent she has had the last 4-5 years there’s no excuse for her not to put a much better product on the floor. Not to mention, she’s the 3rd longest tenured women’s basketball coach in the SEC behind DS at SC and RP at Missouri.

Byrne could find a much better coach than Curry for $550,000 a year, her salary. With the talent she has had the last 4-5 years there’s no excuse for her not to put a much better product on the floor. Not to mention, she’s the 3rd longest tenured women’s basketball coach in the SEC behind DS at SC and RP at Missouri.
Outside of the ‘94 squad that Moody took to the Final Four, what has women’s basketball done traditionally? Curry runs a clean program, graduates her players and wins 20+ a season. Let her have a couple of losing seasons, then you will possibly see a change.

UT spends A LOT of money on their non-revenue sports (women's basketball isn't one of them.) You should see the "digs" they pay for when their baseball team travels: 4 seasons type treatment.

As much as I despise tenn…
Pat summit was the real deal, and pretty classy… I never had the opportunity to meet her, but a friend of mine (barn fan 🤮🤮) met her and said she was awesome to him and his daughters !!!

Back
Top Bottom