| FTBL Klatt interview with DeBoer. Good stuff...

@TerryP you think folks are now seeing this guy isn't a joke and gonna try and jump on the train now and act like they "knew" the entire time he would see success? I just feel he is now getting a lot more attention after he has gotten commitments from some big recruits lately.

@TerryP you think folks are now seeing this guy isn't a joke and gonna try and jump on the train now and act like they "knew" the entire time he would see success? I just feel he is now getting a lot more attention after he has gotten commitments from some big recruits lately.
Yes. I do. The reality is beginning to sink in.

It's been right there in front of everyone to see. But, they are blinded by the mind set of "following the GOAT." .

A few months ago no one would question DeBoer's coaching. Now, that's their crutch. A few months ago a lot of people questioned his recruiting. And...you know what I am about to say

I tried to tell you guys on day one. Are you seeing this staff isn't a joke?

I didnt know all the time. I was sorely disappointed that saban stepped away.
I may even have better feelings toward AD.

I kept my season tickets. But it was close. Definitely on the fence....had to convince ms50+.

Seeing some really good players n recruits walk away. Kinda sickning ..you know...
But... i think they will regret it in the end....

but....

72FD55E9-C26E-4B8C-92D0-8AD83FB1A637.png

Yes. I do. The reality is beginning to sink in.

It's been right there in front of everyone to see. But, they are blinded by the mind set of "following the GOAT." .

A few months ago no one would question DeBoer's coaching. Now, that's their crutch. A few months ago a lot of people questioned his recruiting. And...you know what I am about to say

I tried to tell you guys on day one. Are you seeing this staff isn't a joke?

I initially heard Lanning by some folks that say they have inner-program contacts, and I was excited. I then heard DeBoer just before it was announced and felt even better. I did really want Lanning and felt we had a shot due to his resume and time spent at Alabama, but I have lost zero sleep over Deboer being announced. I was curious about our defensive status, but had zero issues with what we would see offensively other than wondering if Milroe had lost his position due to arm talent. Once I went to that scrimmage, I knew we were in good hands. Black and white difference on the outside from what Saban ran, but the buzz I felt that day was new and exciting, even though I was reserved as well at the same time. Excited to see where it goes once the ball is teed up.

I initially heard Lanning by some folks that say they have inner-program contacts, and I was excited
FWIW, he was never a consideration. Never contacted. In a few years we'll get to the "bottom of the story."

In November of '06 I learned it was Saban. It wasn't "done," but Sexton lived close to the Britt's and ... well, we saw.

In November of this past year DeBoer had a contract on his desk at Udub. He didn't sign it, didn't agree to it.

I don't know. I do know things don't just happen due to happenstance.

I think it's mostly that the access is wide open right now and anyone who is able, wants that sit down because they know it equals eyes on their "brand". And unlike Saban, DeBoer has left the door open for a lot of these guys to get some time with him. Just another example of his different style and approach. This particular interview for instance is weeks old... well before this recent flurry of commitments... but Klatt is just now releasing it.

Byrne’s track record with his coaching hires had me excited! I had been one to say “some would be scared to come because they didn’t want to be the man to follow Tha Man!” When DeBoer was announced, I got that excited feeling all over again like I did with the Saban announcement. The guy can flat out coach and he has the horses here along with the facilities to do great things. DeBoer, to me came off as a very likable guy that HS coaches would easily get along with as well. The staff he brought with him and the ones he hired were “upgrades” in my opinion, both recruiting and on field!

Back
Top Bottom