| FTBL Kevin Elko-Saban's newest motivator!!!

aMAZEnFan

Verified Member
According to the following article from Paul Finebaum,
Elko is a motivational speaker, a team shrink, another coach on the field all wrapped into one. He is an author and guiding light to several sports teams — including the Philadelphia Eagles and the University of Pittsburgh. He consults with Fortune 500 companies. He turns losers into winners.

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/pfinebaum.ssf?/base/sports/121187974895920.xml&coll=3

Saban is changing the culture of the football team and I love it!!! RTR!!!

I saw his book the other day on Amazon, I think? It's titled "Nerves of Steel."

A quick note on Elko.

Dr. Elko discusses the strategy necessary to develop Nerves of Steel. He points out the importance of intrinsic motivation and how to keep those motivators in front of you at all times. Dr. Elko also discusses how to focus using specific self-talk and how to identify your internal Voice of Judgment (V.O.J.) and how to internally respond to it. One’s ability to focus through adversity, be creative, and maintain motivation, all factors that are referred to as having “Nerves of Steel”, has been known to have a significant influence on one’s success and satisfaction.

You can watch part of a video with him here

TerryP said:
I saw his book the other day on Amazon, I think? It's titled "Nerves of Steel."

A quick note on Elko.

Dr. Elko discusses the strategy necessary to develop Nerves of Steel. He points out the importance of intrinsic motivation and how to keep those motivators in front of you at all times. Dr. Elko also discusses how to focus using specific self-talk and how to identify your internal Voice of Judgment (V.O.J.) and how to internally respond to it. One’s ability to focus through adversity, be creative, and maintain motivation, all factors that are referred to as having “Nerves of Steel”, has been known to have a significant influence on one’s success and satisfaction.

You can watch part of a video with him here

Thanks, TP! Good stuff!

aMAZEnFan said:
According to the following article from Paul Finebaum,
Elko is a motivational speaker, a team shrink, another coach on the field all wrapped into one. He is an author and guiding light to several sports teams — including the Philadelphia Eagles and the University of Pittsburgh. He consults with Fortune 500 companies. He turns losers into winners.

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/pfinebaum.ssf?/base/sports/121187974895920.xml&coll=3

Saban is changing the culture of the football team and I love it!!! RTR!!!

I love it too.

I love the fact that we are talking about winning and working towards a goal...not just implying it in passing fancy.

In Saban's book How Good Do You Want to Be, he made a big deal over Elko giving a great deal of the credit for the success he has had to Elko.

BTW, if you want a good, quick, and easy read I recommend it. It truly is more of a self-help book than a football book. It gives great insight into what the players see and hear each day.

LBS' favorite quote from this article:
"A lot of people that think in winning you have to add something on," Elko said. "What I tell people is get rid of all things in your life that aren't winning and winning will find you. Mental clutter. Get rid of the garbage, the gossip. Get rid of everything on your mind that won't get you what you want."
I am so convicted by this one.

shipley00 said:
I think the "shrink" aspect could be very helpful for getting certain players over the hump and more consistant.

NO doubt. Using a psychology term, the mental conditioning aspect is something that these guys in Crimson dealt with last year. Finishing in terms of being in shape versus finishing in terms of mental toughness are linked, but unrelated.

Back
Top Bottom