FS: #15 Ronnie Harrison
STAR: #29 Minkah Fitzpatrick

Missing...

SPECIAL TEAMS
JK Scott: 2 punts, 49.0 YPP, Long: 53 yards
Adam Griffith: 2/2 FGs, Long: 48 yards; 4/4 PATs
Xavian marks: 4 PR, 90 yards, 1 TD
Andrew Pappanastos: 2/3 PATs

If Marks can work on being more consistent when to/not to field punts he is going to be a beast as a return man. I'd love to see him get a few touches every game too just to try and get him in space, crazy shiftiness.

I grew up going to municipal auditorium in Columbus , Ga. , with Abdullah the butcher , tony atlas , wrestler #2... My dads best friend just swore it was real . It was a great time ... The butcher would come out eating a brim ..

Wildcat Wendell Cooley and Adrian Street were my favorites as a kid. Mostly because of their ring theatrics.

Bullet Bob Armstrong and the Armstrong bros were cool, but Cooley and Street were more entertaining.

Plus, Street high-fived me on the way to the ring once when I was 8...lol

Funny story about Wendell Cooley, he was used as an opening match guy for Georgia Championship Wrestling back in the day but his day job was a firefighter. There would be nights that he was supposed to be on duty but got booked for a show so he would skip his day job, and the Fire Dept. ended up telling him that if he did that one more time he was fired. I cant remember who it was, maybe Jim Cornette, was booking the opening match guys and called Wendell to see if he was gonna be off the night of an upcoming show. Cooley told him "I'll be there" and Cornette told him to only agree if he was off duty because he didnt want to see Cooley lose his job. Cooley showed up to the event and as he was walking to the ring he looked over to one of the front row seats and the chief of the fire department was sitting front and center lmao

Bullet Bob - bad to the bone! My favorite as well.

My dad's all time favorite, anytime Bullet is going to be making a special appearance he bugs me for tickets lol His grandson and granddaughter are training to become wrestlers now.

Funny story about Wendell Cooley, he was used as an opening match guy for Georgia Championship Wrestling back in the day but his day job was a firefighter. There would be nights that he was supposed to be on duty but got booked for a show so he would skip his day job, and the Fire Dept. ended up telling him that if he did that one more time he was fired. I cant remember who it was, maybe Jim Cornette, was booking the opening match guys and called Wendell to see if he was gonna be off the night of an upcoming show. Cooley told him "I'll be there" and Cornette told him to only agree if he was off duty because he didnt want to see Cooley lose his job. Cooley showed up to the event and as he was walking to the ring he looked over to one of the front row seats and the chief of the fire department was sitting front and center lmao

My dad's all time favorite, anytime Bullet is going to be making a special appearance he bugs me for tickets lol His grandson and granddaughter are training to become wrestlers now.

Bullet Bob Armstrong was also a firefighter for the city of Marietta, Ga. We use to go to Carrollton, Ga to the fairground.

I spent one summer, while growing up, working Livestock auctions. One of the guys I worked with was also a county jailer. He was also "Wrestling Pro # 1." He wore a mask of course. Older guy but thick as a stump. One of those guys you know you couldn't hurt with an axe handle. He was super nice guy, and really fun to be around. And I don't think he knew that I knew he was. One day I was going up some steps that led form the loading shoot to the auction floor. Leon took a "hot shot ( electric cattle prod) and touched me with it on the back of the leg. ( He never hit the button) but knowing what it was caused me to jump about three steps. He busted out laughing. I looked back at him, ( mind you I was about 125lbs dripping wet) and said, " You ever shock me, you and I will be going a cage match right out there! ( Pointing to the holding pens). He just looked at me and smiled. First pic is of him when I watched him as a child. second was closer to when I worked with him.
04.jpg
IMG_0262.jpg

Back
Top Bottom