| FTBL Justin Smiley gets paid as a free agent...

TerryP

Staff
guaranteed 9 million, 5yr contract for 5million with the Dolphins.

He was quickly snatched up when he hit the free agent market yesterday as in the first deal done!

We've had a few offensive lineman down in Miami, ya know? :lol:

shipley00 said:
You know, we have quite a few good OL's in the past 6 or 7 years without having a really good OL while at Bama. That has always bothered me.

When Wesley Britt, Evan Mathis and Justin Smiley were here, we had a dang good o-line.

Argo said:
Do you mean Wesley Britt? I didn't think Justin could be picked up as a free agent until after the draft?

No, I meant Justin Smiley...thanks for catching that. I read it over on ESPN or somewhere this morning and thought I would drop the line...

Argo said:
shipley00 said:
You know, we have quite a few good OL's in the past 6 or 7 years without having a really good OL while at Bama. That has always bothered me.

When Wesley Britt, Evan Mathis and Justin Smiley were here, we had a dang good o-line.

... particularly good at run blocking. i remember at OU, after getting blasted in the first half, we came out after halftime and abandoned the pass and just ran it down OU's throat. that was when they had supposedly the best D-front (tommy harris) in football. i also remember Darby's first two 1,000-yd seasons, and the UT game in Knoxville where in a slow instant replay of a Darby run, Mathis came off the line and literally body slammed his opposing D-end and then moved on to an on-coming LB and body slammed him. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

too bad the game turned out to be yet another classic Shula-debacles. :?

Argo said:

Yes indeed! Britt, Smiley, Ephraim, Mathis...those guys were paving the road for Shaud Williams and Ray Hudson.

Back
Top Bottom