| FTBL Just take a deep breath and count to 10!

bamascott2

Verified Member
For those of you that are ‘freaked out’ that Bama barely beat Ole Miss and Houston, and are ONLY 5-2...remember:

Bear was 5-4-1 in his first year at Bama, with losses to (among others) Tulane and the Burners…and a scoreless tie with Vandy! You want close? We outscored our opponents 106-75.

Bobby Bowden, 5-6 at FSU! They got beat by Memphis! And beat North Texas by one!

Paterno…5-5. They blew out some teams, and got blown out of some themselves.

Woody Hayes. 4-3-2. Outscored their opponents 109-104, though!

Bud Wilkinson of OU. 7-2-1, with a thrilling win against Detroit (24-20), and a loss to TCU.

And those guys didn’t have to deal with the 85 scholarship limits!

You want current coaches for reference? Look at Pete Carroll’s first year (6-6) at USC. Jim Tressell (7-5) at THE Ohio State University. Saban’s first year at LSU (a loss to UAB, fer chrissakes)! Mack Brown was 9-3 his first year at Texas…but how long did it take him to get that OU monkey off his back?

Just…chill, everyone! We’re gonna be fine if we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot by demanding the impossible of Saban! He’s a helluva coach.

If anyone is seriously "freaked out" about being 5-2 at this point (with close loses to UGA and FSU), then they deserve whatever misery they are going through in my opinion.

While I certainly still think about the UGA and FSU games and wonder what might have been, I'm also one of those that predicted 8-9 wins going into the season AT THE VERY MOST. It hurts to lose both games because they were close. But I am not going to get down about being 5-2 right now. We've still got a chance to do some nice things this season and I can live with 5-2.

rammajamma said:
I thought we played a great game today. JPW looked awesome.

i agree 100%. i thought john parker wilson looked better this week than last week. he seemed to be a lot more calm back in the pocket. he didn't seem to rush his throws or try to make the big play all by himself.

i believe if he gets markedly better each week from here on out, we should have a pretty good rest of the season.

bamascott2 said:
For those of you that are ‘freaked out’ that Bama barely beat Ole Miss and Houston, and are ONLY 5-2...remember:

Bear was 5-4-1 in his first year at Bama, with losses to (among others) Tulane and the Burners…and a scoreless tie with Vandy! You want close? We outscored our opponents 106-75.

Bobby Bowden, 5-6 at FSU! They got beat by Memphis! And beat North Texas by one!

Bud Wilkinson of OU. 7-2-1, with a thrilling win against Detroit (24-20), and a loss to TCU.

You want current coaches for reference? Look at Pete Carroll’s first year (6-6) at USC. Jim Tressell (7-5) at THE Ohio State University. Saban’s first year at LSU (a loss to UAB, fer chrissakes)! Mack Brown was 9-3 his first year at Texas…but how long did it take him to get that OU monkey off his back?

Just…chill, everyone! We’re gonna be fine if we don’t shoot ourselves in the foot by demanding the impossible of Saban! He’s a helluva coach.

What do some records at are all most fifty years old have anything to do with today... I really fail to see why people have to bring up what Bear, Bobby, JoePa, or Sun Tzu.

If you want to crawfish and say well didn't happen back then. Some could say their is 32 million reason why it should happen now! Either way both are mood points.

Don't forget that this Ole Miss team almost beat Florida. We could have easily folded several times after some bad things happened to us, but didn't. We showed improvement in several areas, and we are currently tied for FIRST PLACE in the SEC West!!

Ole Miss isn't quite as bad of a team as their record shows.

The 85 scholarship rule is rearing it's ugly head this year in ways we'd never imagine throughout the entire NCAA. The BCS title game will likely be played between two teams with at least (if not more) one loss. I don't see any team going undefeated.

Optimus said:
bamascott2 said:

What do some records at are all most fifty years old have anything to do with today... I really fail to see why people have to bring up what Bear, Bobby, JoePa, or Sun Tzu.

If you want to crawfish and say well didn't happen back then. Some could say their is 32 million reason why it should happen now! Either way both are mood points.
It took Coach Bryant 4 years to turn Alabama around and turn us into a national contender it took Stallings 3 years to do it and Saban wont be any different thats what it has to do with today. Saban is a good coach but hes not Superman.

Optimus said:

I was going at it from the 'legendary coach' angle. I included current coaches that may be legendary one day in the middle of the post, but you must've missed it.

And reger's right...it's moot.

:?

Me and a couple of my Bama fans celebrated BIG time last night. We are happy as hell with the season so far for Saban's first year and a new program. Golly gee we are still undefeated in the west. I know it is not a realistic thought, but with the way the SEC is going we just might still go to Atlanta. Even if we don't I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store without any parents around.

Wiseace615 said:
skeeter_jones said:
Wiseace615 said:
reger60 said:

I don't know Reger. It seems whenever these points are brought up someone gets moody. :D

and if someone posts a whole bunch of nonsense, is it because they're mooty? :D :wink:

Maybe we should all get "Moot Rings" so we can tell if our points are valid. :D

Now I'm in a very bad moot. But it's a mood point because you guys don't care. :D

Back
Top Bottom