| MBB/WBB Just some food for thought...

bamafan4ever

Staff
I have been tempted like some others to go on a big rant about the BAMA men's bball team. They have been frustrating to watch as of late which goes without saying. Some things just haven't added up lately. We have the same moving parts as we had when we beat the Zags in Seattle and a good Houston team in T-Town. Generally speaking, I don't think it's a talent issue as much as it may be a chemistry issue.

Reflecting back to just one season ago, UCLA entered this weekend with a solid 13-3 record. After that weekend, they went 4-6 including a first round loss in the PAC tourney. Everyone is familiar with the rest of the story entering the NCAA tournament in a play in game and winding up with a Final 4 bid.

No, I am not saying BAMA is a team that will reach those lofty heights but they are worth watching to see how this thing plays out. A win against a damn good Baylor team could be the catalyst for this team to find its stride again.

Hey, if it doesn't work out, we have the girl's softball team to entertain us through spring at least.

I have been tempted like some others to go on a big rant about the BAMA men's bball team. They have been frustrating to watch as of late which goes without saying. Some things just haven't added up lately. We have the same moving parts as we had when we beat the Zags in Seattle and a good Houston team in T-Town. Generally speaking, I don't think it's a talent issue as much as it may be a chemistry issue.

Reflecting back to just one season ago, UCLA entered this weekend with a solid 13-3 record. After that weekend, they went 4-6 including a first round loss in the PAC tourney. Everyone is familiar with the rest of the story entering the NCAA tournament in a play in game and winding up with a Final 4 bid.

No, I am not saying BAMA is a team that will reach those lofty heights but they are worth watching to see how this thing plays out. A win against a damn good Baylor team could be the catalyst for this team to find its stride again.

Hey, if it doesn't work out, we have the girl's softball team to entertain us through spring at least.
Love your optimism... Do not see it but love the thought and would be awesome to be surprised. I have not given up but I certainly have lowered my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom