| FTBL Just rewatched the OSU/ Clemson game

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
I wanted to lay fresh eyes on that game without my bias so I could prepare my self for what we are facing.. my take away.. we are going to have our hands full.

OSU dominated Clemson on both lines of scrimmage and it wasn't very close. They looked bigger stronger and faster at every position and pushed Clemson all over the field.

Fields played well but didnt change my opinion of him much. The most impressive plays he made were some of the throws to that Tight end 88 but lets face it that Tight end is a stud. The deep balls he hit where a product of too much time to throw and single coverage on average cornerbacks due to how well OSU ran the ball. He just threw the ball to an area and the WR went and got it.. wide open..

That rb ran very hard but he had massive holes to run through because the OLine was killing clemson

The OSU defense was nasty. The front 7 almost looked like a 2015 Bama defense. The inside guys were getting push every play but the edge guys were getting home.. fast. The linebackers were fast and did a great job on screens. 43 refused to get blocked and 20 seemed to always be in position.

I think the back end is where they can be got but clemson didnt have the time or the weapons outside to attack it.

All in all, I think OSU comes in without having all the wear and tear of an 11 game SEC schedule with a team that is very big, fast and disciplined. We need to have a good plan and match the intensity of OSU it wont be easy I dont think.

We owe them a whoppin'.. let's make sure they get it!

I watched the game as well & I was blown away how much OSU DOMINATED the lines of scrimmage. IMHO this is going the be the difference in the game with them. And I am honesty not so sure how we match up against them considering we lost Dickerson. Owens did good against ND but I don't think this is even close.

And how is our D-Line going to do to them. I'm sure Fields will have to play QB in the pocket due to him being banged up but our D-Line is going to have to play their best game because the holes that their O-Line placed on Clemson was insane. I think the stat on Sermon (OSU RB) that he gets an average of 9 yards before he is touched is humongous! So, maybe, we will play more base defense to stop the run but that D-Line is certainly going to have to play the best O-Line they've played all season long.

Don’t get me wrong. I believe UA will need to play well to beat oSu

it is amusing to me to see that in the space of one game oSu has gone from a team that was little more than a speed bump for the Dabo dynasty to ease over to the best thing since sliced bread

Clemson feasted on a shitty ACC schedule. They got beat (and yes beat) a team that UA basically curb stomped with the overall offense running in second gear. Before you tell me anything I take that from CNS himself saying that UA wanted to take the air out of the ball and did not execute. Yes ND stacked the middle but Sark/CNS chose not to go over the top even when that happened

there isn’t anything I saw in the Ohio/Clemson game to make me think that either of those teams have the best of anything UA has seen all year other than possibly oSu edge rushers

I don’t believe UA has this won before the ball is snapped but I also don’t believe the opponent has suddenly become all world

JMO

edited to add- I forgot about CB Wade. I am anxious to see if they single him on DeVonta and if so the outcome. All other things being equal this could be the highlight of the game.

Last edited:
I just cannot see Ohio State holding that level of perfection two weeks in a row against top level talent. I think people will look WAY too much into Fields' rib situation about whether it will affect him (I personally think he will be unaffected unless he somehow takes the exact same shot to the exact same spot), but I want to use it to state that Ohio State may have dominated Clemson, but they aren't without their bumps and bruises from playing another top level team. I think we got by a lot easier than them in that regard and will be fresher from that standpoint even considering they did play about half the games we did.

Seems like the best thing that could have happened is tOSU coming out and looking unbeatable and Bama having a good game but maybe not to the level they had on offense. To me it gives the edge to Bama because it will get their attention when they turn on the tape AND it will calm down the rat poison talk about tOSU not being able to stay on the field with Bama. This talked happened against ND but they did not have the horses to truly impact the results of the game. tOSU might have but we will see.

They statistically played well above their averages according to PFF and other statistical categories. If they play like that against us we'll be in for a big Dogfight, if they play like they did against Indiana and NW they will have some major issues. Depends on which OHSU team shows up this game and which Alabama team shows up this game. We also didn't play up to our normal statistical dominance in the game against ND. Let's hope Bama comes out on fire and OHSU has just a normal or sub-par game.

Difference between Alabama and Clemson, even with Owen, we have a superior OL compared to Clemson. OSU's secondary will have better receivers to cover and not to compare prior games (but I will), I cannot get that Ole Miss/Indiana game out of my head. OSU wasn't as impressive against Indiana as Ole Miss and the Rebs were short personnel-wise.

Difference between Alabama and Clemson, even with Owen, we have a superior OL compared to Clemson. OSU's secondary will have better receivers to cover and not to compare prior games (but I will), I cannot get that Ole Miss/Indiana game out of my head. OSU wasn't as impressive against Indiana as Ole Miss and the Rebs were short personnel-wise.
It is hard to compare but I have had the same thought. In all fairness tOSU jumped out to a big lead and then let it get away from them as I recall. They had a great half and a subpar half. Against Clemson that had two great halves.

Gotta remember that Penix played against Ohio State, but was hurt and did not play against Ole Miss.

Back
Top Bottom