| FTBL Just read on another site..

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

...where people were talking about listening to sports radio a little earlier and Snake put a verbal beatdown on Paul Finebaum (presumably over the BB affair). Summing it up by saying that Finebaum doesn't need a jock strap because he has nothing to protect. :lol:

Another person mentioned Chris Stewart stating that Finebaum's days of running off at the mouth are almost at an end.

Apparently it's on 1420 and 960. If anyone could give us more details I'd love to hear them. Sounds like a great laugh at PF's expense. :D

I didn't hear the Snake interview, but I've listened to Finebaum the last couple of days over the internet and he certainly is sounding a lot more meek than usual. And, for the time being of course, all his pot shots are directed at the Barn -- and Mike Shula.

What has occurred to me, that whoever is responsible for keeping this topic alive in Miami (be it LeBattard or Don Shula or whoever) is not helping Mike Shula at all. In recent days, I've heard and read more Shula bashing than I've heard since he was asked to leave.

I'll be glad when football season starts so we have more important things to talk about. :D

What is the "BB Affair" and how is it Bama related? As for myself, I know PF is a UT grad, but I actually enjoy his show. I think most of us Bama fans need to have a little thicker skin when it comes to local radio. On the contrary, I believe we need to be a little more outspoken when it is the national media that is ripping us.

porkchop said:
...where people were talking about listening to sports radio a little earlier and Snake put a verbal beatdown on Paul Finebaum (presumably over the BB affair). Summing it up by saying that Finebaum doesn't need a jock strap because he has nothing to protect. :lol:

Another person mentioned Chris Stewart stating that Finebaum's days of running off at the mouth are almost at an end.

Apparently it's on 1420 and 960. If anyone could give us more details I'd love to hear them. Sounds like a great laugh at PF's expense. :D

I just got in, but try this link...

LINK

I don't get this LeBat"terd" guy in Miami. O. K., Saban left Miami badly. I'm sure if he could go back in time, he would have been more careful with his words. But, he can't and it's done. It's the pro's and players and coaches come and go. I just don't see why this guy can't let it go. I simply think in the beginning he was saying there was no way Saban was leaving Miami. When Saban left, he had egg on his face like most of the other national media.

BigAl said:
Someone may be onto him like they did Russ and Dee Fine on 101.1 It really surprised me when they took those 2 off the air.

I am soooo glad they are off the air. I couldn't stand those folks.

ericd said:
I don't get this LeBat"terd" guy in Miami. O. K., Saban left Miami badly. I'm sure if he could go back in time, he would have been more careful with his words. But, he can't and it's done. It's the pro's and players and coaches come and go. I just don't see why this guy can't let it go. I simply think in the beginning he was saying there was no way Saban was leaving Miami. When Saban left, he had egg on his face like most of the other national media.

In a lot of ways it is similar to how Fran left us. Telling the media he wasn't going to leave yada yada yada. He lied, we got pissed and we got over it. Bunch of folks had sour grapes over it and still wouldn't piss down Fran's throat if his guts were on fire. Bottom line whats done is done. aTm is happy with their guy. :D and we are happy with ours. ;tr

kayleighsdad said:
BigAl said:
Someone may be onto him like they did Russ and Dee Fine on 101.1 It really surprised me when they took those 2 off the air.

I am soooo glad they are off the air. I couldn't stand those folks.

They were much better than anything you'll find right now. The station now plays oldies or something. :shock:

Did anyone listen to the "Hey Coach?" program last night? I caught the first half of it and Coach Saban stated his few on it. I'm gonna paraphrase from memory, so keep that in might, but it went something like this:

"I don't know all of the details but I have heard about some of the stuff that's being said and I'm tired of everyone thinking that you have to hate one guy to like the other guy. Bob has been nothing but supportive of me since I came to the University. Now, he is loyal to Coach (Don) Shula because he played at Miami and he should be. I like Don Shula, I like Mike Shula. I hat that he had to get fired; I hate it when anyone gets fired, but I'm happy to be here and I love it here. So, let's just stop this junk about having to hate one guy to like the other, because I like everybody."

Like, I said, not exact, but pretty close and I think it shows a lot of class from our Coach.

Wiseace615 said:
Did anyone listen to the "Hey Coach?" program last night? I caught the first half of it and Coach Saban stated his few on it. I'm gonna paraphrase from memory, so keep that in might, but it went something like this:

"I don't know all of the details but I have heard about some of the stuff that's being said and I'm tired of everyone thinking that you have to hate one guy to like the other guy. Bob has been nothing but supportive of me since I came to the University. Now, he is loyal to Coach (Don) Shula because he played at Miami and he should be. I like Don Shula, I like Mike Shula. I hat that he had to get fired; I hate it when anyone gets fired, but I'm happy to be here and I love it here. So, let's just stop this junk about having to hate one guy to like the other, because I like everybody."

Like, I said, not exact, but pretty close and I think it shows a lot of class from our Coach.

A lot more class than a lot of people who are still bashing XCMS. :oops:

rammerjammer said:
ericd said:

In a lot of ways it is similar to how Fran left us. Telling the media he wasn't going to leave yada yada yada. He lied, we got pissed and we got over it. Bunch of folks had sour grapes over it and still wouldn't piss down Fran's throat if his guts were on fire. Bottom line whats done is done. aTm is happy with their guy. :D and we are happy with ours. ;tr

I seem to remember a bunch of Fan bobble head dolls and golf clubs on the news right after that :D

What coach has ever said he was leaving in the middle of a season......I cant remember any. He did what almost every coach that is leaving a progam for another does...Deny it. People need to leave it alone and CMS too. It is over.

Back
Top Bottom