| NEWS Judge sentences former Las Vegas Raider Henry Ruggs to 3-10 years in prison

Y'all gotta take emotion out of this and realize that punishment handed downnto Ruggs is consistent with other cases....

Not very smart to say take emotion out of it when someone dies as a result. It accounts for something otherwise there wouldn't be a range of punishment, because it's not like 3 years for this, 4 years for that, 5 for this. At the discretion of the judge who takes it all into consideration.

Not very smart to say take emotion out of it when someone dies as a result. It accounts for something otherwise there wouldn't be a range of punishment, because it's not like 3 years for this, 4 years for that, 5 for this. At the discretion of the judge who takes it all into consideration.
Policemen and lawyer do it everyday. I'm saying take emotion out of this and you'll see different perspective on this plea agreement

This is confusing. Taking emotion out of the equation is exactly what you want from a jury of your peers. Emotions effecting judgements is a kangaroo court.

This is confusing. Taking emotion out of the equation is exactly what you want from a jury of your peers. Emotions effecting judgements is a kangaroo court.

No, you want someone in your shoes to know the feeling so you properly sentence. This crime meant zero to me, absolutely zero and I personally don't care if I ever heard about it again. Ruggs going to jail for life or never doesn't move my needle one bit. Does that mean because I took emotion out of it that my judgement on the case is actual justice or righteous? No, I want my jury and judge to feel what the victims felt so you can properly sentence someone for the crime commited. If it were as cut and dry as you'rr stating there wouldn't be ranges of 3-10, it'd just be 3 or 5 or 10, black and white.

No, you want someone in your shoes to know the feeling so you properly sentence. This crime meant zero to me, absolutely zero and I personally don't care if I ever heard about it again. Ruggs going to jail for life or never doesn't move my needle one bit. Does that mean because I took emotion out of it that my judgement on the case is actual justice or righteous? No, I want my jury and judge to feel what the victims felt so you can properly sentence someone for the crime commited. If it were as cut and dry as you'rr stating there wouldn't be ranges of 3-10, it'd just be 3 or 5 or 10, black and white.
This sound personal.

No, I want my jury and judge to feel what the victims felt so you can properly sentence someone for the crime commited. If it were as cut and dry as you'rr stating there wouldn't be ranges of 3-10, it'd just be 3 or 5 or 10, black and white.
Judge are required to be impartial.
Jury are required to focus on facts, not emotional.

Back
Top Bottom