| GOLF JT hires Jim Bones MacKay to be his caddie

Justin Thomas has lured Jim "Bones'' Mackay away from his full-time broadcasting job to be his full-time caddie.

The sixth-ranked player in the world who won the Players Championship in March and was a member of the victorious U.S. Ryder Cup parted ways with long-time caddie Jimmy Johnson, who had been with Thomas since he turned pro in 2015.

Mackay will still work for Golf Channel on a limited basis.

"It came out of left field very recently,'' Mackay told Golf Channel. "I have just tremendous respect for him as a person and a player. It was an incredible phone call to get and I said yes.

"I love to caddie and I loved my role with NBC/Golf Channel, but it's Justin Thomas."

Hope he let's him help line up putts. He sure as hell needs some help, and never let the other guy near him.
No doubt. JT isn't missing the putt but he is actually reading the putts wrong consistently. Even when Bones was working his bad while Jimmy was having his health issues I noticed that Bones wasn't working the putting angle even then. I guess we'll see. Hopefully Jimmy is in good health.

Back
Top Bottom