| FTBL Johns

BamaTexan

Going into the season I figured Jimmy would be a HUGE part of the offense. What happened? Did he not get off to a good start with Saban? I would love to see him lined up at QB some. Maybe they are saving that for later? I love to see him run and think he should be utilized more....at least in short yardage situations.

What do you guys think??????

BamaTexan said:
Going into the season I figured Jimmy would be a HUGE part of the offense. What happened? Did he not get off to a good start with Saban? I would love to see him lined up at QB some. Maybe they are saving that for later? I love to see him run and think he should be utilized more....at least in short yardage situations.

Johns is a good football player. I think they are using him where ever they can. I noticed he is on almost all of the special teams, and plays fullback a lot.

He is one of those guys that just likes to hit, and hit a lot. I wish they could use him to run the ball more, but I think he is equally as good on special teams.

I wish we had 4 Jimmy Johns. 1 for RB, one for WR, one for LB, and 1 for Special Teams. This guy can do it all. I really hope he is used as QB for a few plays. He would be a dangerous weapon at that spot.

I am like you guys, I really like Johns. He appears to really hustle on special teams and really gets fired up when he goes on the field. The guy is a man among boys out there too. I would love to see him utilized on offense more than just two carries per game. I think the guy has NFL talent and abilities but yet he gets little playing time in college. But I am just an armchair coach, I see no practices.

BamaTexan said:

I dont want to see him QB he cant throw the ball at all. Looks like a wounded duck flying through the air.

Jimmy probably does a lot more for offense than people realize, even when he's not getting in the box score. You need 11 football players on offense to make an offense go. You don't necessarily have to have 11 "superstars". JJ is that blue-coller guy that every offense needs. He won't be a stat-buster but I gaurentee you that without him the offense struggles. He pass blocks, he helps open holes for the tailbacks that get the glory. He's a former QB and a leader. He's occasionally involved in a reception or a goalline/short yardage carry as a reward for what he does for the rest of the offense. You need these guys to be succesful. Don't worry too much about what the box score says. I would bet my shirt JJ is content right now with his role.

And we're not even talking about what a monster he has been on special teams.

porkchop said:
Jimmy probably does a lot more for offense than people realize, even when he's not getting in the box score. You need 11 football players on offense to make an offense go. You don't necessarily have to have 11 "superstars". JJ is that blue-coller guy that every offense needs. He won't be a stat-buster but I gaurentee you that without him the offense struggles. He pass blocks, he helps open holes for the tailbacks that get the glory. He's a former QB and a leader. He's occasionally involved in a reception or a goalline/short yardage carry as a reward for what he does for the rest of the offense. You need these guys to be succesful. Don't worry too much about what the box score says. I would bet my shirt JJ is content right now with his role.

And we're not even talking about what a monster he has been on special teams.

I agree 100%. I think the kid just wants to play. He does a great job at pass blocking and he is a bruiser when he plays fullback. Also, he gives it his all on special teams. I like JJ, I like his role, and I think he likes it too.

I'v eloved JJ since that time in his freshman year when he went to Coach Shula and said that he didn't want to be red shirted, even if he just played special teams. He just loves playing football.

Back
Top Bottom