| FTBL JJ to linebacker

If so ,I wonder how Johns is taking the news. I would assume they discussed it with him. Still I know it has to be a big transition from RB to defence.He's very gifted as an athlete so I'm sure he'll do fine.

kudzu said:
If so ,I wonder how Johns is taking the news. I would assume they discussed it with him. Still I know it has to be a big transition from RB to defence.He's very gifted as an athlete so I'm sure he'll do fine.

Saban stated during spring no player is moved to a different position unless they are willing to do so. I'm sure they may have had to talk to him about the fact that he was better suited for the position and would possibly get more PT there, etc, but all in all no one goes to another position unless they want/willing to.

rolltyroll said:
I think he is going to be a huge asset to the LB corp too...he's got all the size and piss in his blood needed to be a tough SOB at LB, and I think we will see that this fall.

Dude, piss in his what? :shock:

Thanks for the info, no one knew for the most part if he was going to make the move for sure.

naww Grant's got that locked up... with Coffee, Upchurch, and Taylor rotating in and out the #2 position. Might could throw Johnathan Lowe in there somewhere too, even though he's a RB/WR/KR

I think this is great news, we are in need of some LB's with some size. There's probably a very good chance of him starting, seeing that he was probably going to get a good amount of playing time at RB anyway, but when it comes down to it, we need him more at LB.

Does anyone know if he will be put at outside or inside? I would think that he would be put at outside...

I hate to do this cause it usually pisses me off when someone questions someone else on stuff like this. But, does anyone have a link to this info?

This is the only place I've seen it.

i'm glad to see he'll be at the lb position. we needed some good speed there and he has it. he's a real strong runner and i believe he'll be able to get to the ball with a quickness, a la DeMeco Ryans.

i see him causing some fumbles and possibly even picking up a loose football or two and running it back for a td.

I havent heard this either... I know it was talked about in the spring, but he was never moved...

Bama Bo said:
I hate to do this cause it usually pisses me off when someone questions someone else on stuff like this. But, does anyone have a link to this info?

This is the only place I've seen it.

probablyy outside because Prince/Collins/Mustin have the inside locked up. They'll probably put him at the will spot. I say Rolando McClain starts as a true freshman @ the Sam spot. so here's my linebacking core.

We have a 3-4 defense now, btw

Will
Johns

Mike(2)
Hall
Collins/Mustin

Sam
McClain

The dude said he heard it on the radio, and I assume it wasn't a caller that said it. So how about we not HAVE TO HAVE A LINK to think that it's correct! If it's wrong, so be it... but if it's right, someone was correct without even having to post a link. *World ends!

Daddy said he heard it on AM 690, but I just asked him about it again and he said that even though the guy on there said this, he has not been able to find anything anywhere supporting this statement, much like the rest of us. Sorry if I offended anyone on here...I was just excited and guess I should have waited until it was out on the forums or something :oops:

Back
Top Bottom