| FTBL Jimmy Johns

crimson22

Where is this guy going to play this year. I looked at the depth chart on scout's, which was posted July 30 and they had Grant and Coffe at RB and Huber and Hanrahan at FB.

I know he was playing FB and there was rumor that he was going to move to LB, which I like because we are too thing there.

What is the inside scoop over there in T-town.

Thanks

crimson22 said:
Where is this guy going to play this year. I looked at the depth chart on scout's, which was posted July 30 and they had Grant and Coffe at RB and Huber and Hanrahan at FB.

I know he was playing FB and there was rumor that he was going to move to LB, which I like because we are too thing there.

What is the inside scoop over there in T-town.

Thanks

He will play at FB a lot, and probably still get some snaps at RB as well. He is not moving to defense.

I think this young man needs to be on the field. Mr football in his state could have went any where he wanted, he came to bama. He was a QB in HS one hell of QB at that!

He's got tremendous talent. I don't think we have utilized it very well.. I hope this will change this year...

Optimus said:
I think this young man needs to be on the field. Mr football in his state could have went any where he wanted, he came to bama. He was a QB in HS one hell of QB at that!

He's got tremendous talent. I don't think we have utilized it very well.. I hope this will change this year...

actually i think hes been utilized pretty well (except last year) up to this point. im sorry man but there was noway he was gonna be able to get onto the field as a starting QB for Alabama. it just wasnt gonna happen. he came to Bama when Brodie was hear and then after Brodie left JPW became the golden boy with the golden arm and we all saw that his freshman year even. they switched him to Tailback to utilize his running ability which was smart. now, last year, when Darby was struggling they def. should of allowed Johns to carry the ball more but thats awhole nother topic lol.

Getting him to do what he needed to do on every play, was not an easy job for the Shula staff. I expect Saban & Co. will do a better job, I hope so anyway.

Birdman37 said:
Optimus said:

actually i think hes been utilized pretty well (except last year) up to this point. im sorry man but there was noway he was gonna be able to get onto the field as a starting QB for Alabama. it just wasnt gonna happen. he came to Bama when Brodie was hear and then after Brodie left JPW became the golden boy with the golden arm and we all saw that his freshman year even. they switched him to Tailback to utilize his running ability which was smart. now, last year, when Darby was struggling they def. should of allowed Johns to carry the ball more but thats awhole nother topic lol.

Do you mean the golden boy from 20 to 20 cause the red zone stats show's a whole other side of that gold... lol :D Which I do know they don't call the plays, but players do have to make some plays!

As far Johns goes I just thought he should be on the field with his size and raw talent he would be a help in what ever postion he plays. We need some play makers IMO to have that quick strike ability, which as been to say the least lack-lustered since #4 went down. :cry:

Optimus said:
Birdman37 said:
Optimus said:

Do you mean the golden boy from 20 to 20 cause the red zone stats show's a whole other side of that gold... lol :D Which I do know they don't call the plays, but players do have to make some plays!

As far Johns goes I just thought he should be on the field with his size and raw talent he would be a help in what ever postion he plays. We need some play makers IMO to have that quick strike ability, which as been to say the least lack-lustered since #4 went down. :cry:

so its JP's fault that they called it up the middle everytime on the goal line?

yea its great to have Johns on the field but he is not a "quick strike" type of guy. he doesnt have the speed of a Terry Grant or Roy Upchurch. he is more of a Brandon Miree type of player. he is gonna pound the hell out of the defense and eventually break a long one. and i think JP's long bombs can be pretty "quick striking" (check the deep ones he threw to Keith Brown, DJ Hall, & Nakita Stover last year). again he cant call the plays.

Back
Top Bottom