| FTBL Jacksonville Trip

Just curious if the trip to Jacksonville was a good one? I have been there once for a UGA vs UF game with my friend. Do you guys think that Bama should play game like that on a constant basis? I like the idea of playing a tougher non conference schedule and playing teams like FSU is great for recruiting.

It's a trend we'll likely see more of in the upcoming years. One of the main reasons is there is enough revenue generated from a game like this past one in Jacksonville that it actually serves as one more home game. The pay out was over 2M to the University.

If the i's can be dotted, and the t's crossed, it looks like there is a great chance we'll be playing Clemson in ATL. It's being discussed in great detail since UTEP backed out of their scheduled game in T-town next season.

TerryP said:
It's a trend we'll likely see more of in the upcoming years. One of the main reasons is there is enough revenue generated from a game like this past one in Jacksonville that it actually serves as one more home game. The pay out was over 2M to the University.

If the i's can be dotted, and the t's crossed, it looks like there is a great chance we'll be playing Clemson in ATL. It's being discussed in great detail since UTEP backed out of their scheduled game in T-town next season.

Wonder why UTEP back out... :lol:

I thought the Jacksonville trip was a lot of fun. I like the idea of having a 50/50 fan split. And I do think we had at least 50% there. I also like the idea of playing a big time non-conference game. We used to do this with UCLA or Oklahoma. We usually lose those games, but, when this ship gets turned around, these will be big wins that will earn a ton of respect. Is it me, or have other schools that used to gripe about the SEC non-conference schedules, starting booking very weak non-conference schedules (Ohio State, Michigan, Texas)? Just my observation.

As for UTEP, I am not sure why they backed out. AC Carter was there wide receivers coack last year, but not sure where he is now.

Great Atmosphere

I got my tickets from an FSU alumni and close friend that could not make the game so I was in the middle of a bunch of FSU fans with some Bama fans like me mixed in. From one end zone to the other was the 50/50 mix with North being FSU and South being Bama. I thought it was great and even being on the FSU side the fans treated my family with class. I will say that FSU has better game involvement from the fans with the chop and some of their cheers and seemed to drown out the Bama side.

On a side note the Jacksonville Transit Authority is the way to go to this game. Park at one of the garages and take the shuttle bus to the stadium and not fight the traffic. Several folks from the Jacksonville area were on the bus with us and said that is the way they go to all the Jaguars games.

TerryP said:

Am I assuming right when I assume about the reason they backed out?

Outlaw said:
TerryP said:

Am I assuming right when I assume about the reason they backed out?

I'm sure it has to do w/ the current head coach...of UTEP.

Is it me, or have other schools that used to gripe about the SEC non-conference schedules, starting booking very weak non-conference schedules (Ohio State, Michigan, Texas)? Just my observation.

The cry bloody murder when we play them, but when they play them they play poor or lose. Case in point, Texas almost lost to UCF and played extremely poor vs. Arky State. Michigan lost to Appy State. OSU lost to Troy. Minnesota lost to Florida... Atlantic! A Michigan always proves its the best in its state by playing Eastern Michigan. Its the pot calling the kettle black, only the kettle is much faster and has a nasty defense. Roll Tide!

Back
Top Bottom