| CURRENT EVENTS It's only the first of May, so I should expect something more fascinating in the news this year? Politico, the SCOTUS, and Roe vs Wade.

TerryP

Staff
The draft opinion is a full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision – Planned Parenthood v. Casey – that largely maintained the right. “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,” Alito writes.

“We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled,” he writes in the document, labeled as the “Opinion of the Court.” “It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”

Roe v Wade was always a political and not legal decision, but it is going to cause further ranging changes than just that decision. The Democrats are going to win a lot of races they should not have this year. And I expect them to feel emboldened to ensure that the Supreme Court gets stacked with liberal justices who will overturn this ruling and start chipping away at gum and privacy rights.

Roe v Wade was always a political and not legal decision, but it is going to cause further ranging changes than just that decision. The Democrats are going to win a lot of races they should not have this year. And I expect them to feel emboldened to ensure that the Supreme Court gets stacked with liberal justices who will overturn this ruling and start chipping away at gum and privacy rights.
I can't draw that conclusion yet. Those who are on the pro-choice side are already quite vocal and engaged in political scenes.

I can't draw that conclusion yet. Those who are on the pro-choice side are already quite vocal and engaged in political scenes.
It isn't just pro-choice that is going to be mobilized. They are going to drive home that nobody's rights are safe under Republicans since long-established rights are being snatched away by the "activist conservatives on the Supreme Court". Blacks and minorities are going to be work into a frenzy by liberal operatives. Expect it.

This is conveniently leaked now to give Biden something to harp on & for the news networks to get some coverage.

As to when RvW was decided, our ignorance of the fetus is a barely a shadow of light that we know about now. Even laws of manslaughter Vs murder charges vary based on the whether or not the mother wanted the child. There are BIG inconsistencies there in particular to the rights of the child.

And now the argument has shifted to that of protecting the unborn child (not a mass of tissue). If our Laws cannot protect a child, then what is the point of any? . . . This is the crux of the issue now. Regardless of religious persuasions & freedom to chose (whom the unborn has no rights under RvW).

Back
Top Bottom