| FTBL It's official: Alabama hires Jim McElwain

MarshalTide

Verified Member
It's official: Alabama hires Jim McElwain
Posted by Ian R. Rapoport January 30, 2008 10:21 AM
Categories: Football
No more wondering now: Alabama hires Fresno State offensive coordinator Jim McElwain. Here are the first few paragraphs of the release I just received in my email box:

ALABAMA HEAD COACH NICK SABAN HIRES JIM MCELWAIN AS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Alabama head coach Nick Saban announced the hiring of Jim McElwain as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach on Wednesday. McElwain served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Fresno State last year after spending the 2006 season in the NFL as quarterbacks coach for the Oakland Raiders. McElwain made an immediate impact in his first season at Fresno State as he helped lead the Bulldogs to a 9-4 record, a significant turnaround from the previous year in which Fresno State posted a 4-8 mark.

"Jim is a phenomenal coach and we are thrilled to have him on board," said Alabama head coach Nick Saban. "He did an outstanding job last year at Fresno State. Their improvement on offense, especially in the play of their quarterback, was tremendous."

MarshalTide said:
It's official: Alabama hires Jim McElwain
Posted by Ian R. Rapoport January 30, 2008 10:21 AM
Categories: Football
No more wondering now: Alabama hires Fresno State offensive coordinator Jim McElwain. Here are the first few paragraphs of the release I just received in my email box:

ALABAMA HEAD COACH NICK SABAN HIRES JIM MCELWAIN AS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - Alabama head coach Nick Saban announced the hiring of Jim McElwain as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach on Wednesday. McElwain served as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Fresno State last year after spending the 2006 season in the NFL as quarterbacks coach for the Oakland Raiders. McElwain made an immediate impact in his first season at Fresno State as he helped lead the Bulldogs to a 9-4 record, a significant turnaround from the previous year in which Fresno State posted a 4-8 mark.

"Jim is a phenomenal coach and we are thrilled to have him on board," said Alabama head coach Nick Saban. "He did an outstanding job last year at Fresno State. Their improvement on offense, especially in the play of their quarterback, was tremendous."

Well, if Ian said it, has anyone told Saban yet? :D

ElephantStomp said:
I know that this hire doesn't us at all.

Cory

world_allyourbase.gif

Back
Top Bottom