| FTBL Is the Tennessee game still BIG?

bamafan850

Verified Member
I am so veeery nervious about tomorrow. We are not even concidered a BIG rivary to any national television. Is there anyoune out there other than me that thinks this is an extremely BIG game and not just another non SEC west game?

This is Bama-Tennessee, 3rd Saturday in October, Bryant, Neyland, Namath, Majors . . . and now Saban vs. Fulmer. It may not be considered a "real rivalry" by the media, but to every Bama fan and, I imagine, to every Vol fan, right now it's the biggest game of the year. Dang right, it's a rivalry.

CrimsonPirate said:
This is Bama-Tennessee, 3rd Saturday in October, Bryant, Neyland, Namath, Majors . . . and now Saban vs. Fulmer. It may not be considered a "real rivalry" by the media, but to every Bama fan and, I imagine, to every Vol fan, right now it's the biggest game of the year. Dang right, it's a rivalry.

Amen!

Have you bought your cigar, yet?

CrimsonPirate said:

I'll second that emotion! GO VOLS! ;tr

bamafan850 said:
I am so veeery nervious about tomorrow. We are not even concidered a BIG rivary to any national television. Is there anyoune out there other than me that thinks this is an extremely BIG game and not just another non SEC west game?

Yes this is a very important game. I think even though it is not in the national spot light..this is still a big game in the SE spotlight. According to all the Barners I work with " Tennessee owns us" next to them(i work for the yella fella, enough said) This is a true test for us and great opportunity to pull out a win when not to many are expecting us too. Plus.....their orange ;pu

TO make it worse I had to eat dinner with a Tennessee fan tonight at a Japanese steakhouse. It wasnt that bad at all until he found out i was a Bama fan and called one of his friends to purposely call his phone so it could play " Rocky Top"! To make matters worse he had way to much saki?(spell-check) and kept going on and on and on, how we were going to get beat, blah blah. :x

This game is extremely important on a personal level of the teams. I understand that it isn't right now on the national level but it still is very important and a great rivalry.

Alabama: could be the big game that shows that they are a real team and can win big rivalry games on a consistent basis.

Tennesse: Rough season(except UGA) and Phil is under the gun, this may be the game to say them.

Can't wait for this one.

It's big to Bama and Tennessee. Only barners, and some cajuns are claiming "insignificance" cause it's on LF. Amazing though that every Shula coached Tide/Vols game was on CBS.

thebutcher said:
It's big to Bama and Tennessee. Only barners, and some cajuns are claiming "insignificance" cause it's on LF. Amazing though that every Shula coached Tide/Vols game was on CBS.

In those years you didn't have a top 10 ranking UK going against a top 20 ranked UF either. On one hand, I can understand the thinking of why they would choose that game vs UA vs UT. On the other hand, I'd be willing to bet the ratings won't be the same.

Back
Top Bottom