| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Just got back from watching Indiana Jones. You know, this movie has been panned by a lot of people. I liked it a LOT! No, it's certainly not on the same level as Raiders or even Crusade, but it's almost perfectly nostalgic (especially... 🤫🤫), AND it tells a good story. Yeah, there's a Bill and Ted factor, but...s'allgoodman.

It's infinitely better than the Crystal Skull. The series has ended probably as well as it could.

I got to watch the first one for free. We were driving by the movie theater in Stateboro, Ga. The marquee said Popeye, I told our daughter if she can read the marquee we would go see the movie. Out of her mouth POPEYE! So as a we were buying our tickets, we were told we will see a new movie.
Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Finally saw the new Indy movie a few days ago. I had to let it simmer on my brain before giving my two cents. Not a bad movie, it just doesn’t quite feel like an Indy movie. It didn’t really have any of what I was dreading after the first reviews. I just think it needed a better director. Don’t know what merits this director was chosen for. He may be good but he is no Spielberg. The first name that came to mind to direct was Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World).

Back
Top Bottom