| NEWS In your "enlightening news" segment today, the NBA has announced it's banning the word "owner."

TerryP

Staff
I'll just leave this here with a note or two. This was first brought up (or at least caught my attention) three or four weeks ago. It was from TMZ (and that did carry weight in my eyes) but I thought we were probably looking at a lot of hyperbole.

Or were we?

So far Adam Silver has made political correctness a science in the NBA. Good for him. But the tougher decisions that cause the fans to boo your presence for every pick you announce in the NBA draft, not so much. Silver needs to finally move on stopping the one and done. This guy has brought it up, philosophied endlessly on the subject ad nauseam, just do it already. Another ongoing debate he loves to publicly kick around the block is shortening the season. 82 games is too long. Get rid of every game that is a back to back and we're looking at a 70 game season and a lot less attrition. You might as well Adam, cause these super players are going to continue to sit out key games at an alarming rate during the regular season.

political correctness has no place in ANYTHING outside of politics!

this is just cowering to the masses simply because they're being little bitches and whining about insignificant shit.

political correctness has no place in ANYTHING outside of politics!

this is just cowering to the masses simply because they're being little bitches and whining about insignificant shit.

I don’t think to the masses....I....think to the elite.... the multi millionaires...that feel disrespected.....
and political correctness.....check who was elected the POTUS.....shows what most of country feel about Political Correctness.... so really...just "has no overboard place"...

I guess huckleberry Finn will be next ........ I think “ song of the south “ has been quietly banned for years .. I still have the one from when I was a kid along with all the other Disney movies that my parent bought for me . I thought that we learned that we’re are the only ones who can give words power .

What's Adam going to do next about "buying" and "selling" players?
It's only offensive if certain words are applied to specific content. Now I'm wondering what Michael Jordan calls himself?

I would venture just from being on this board and reading responses that I am one of the more liberal minded regular posters on here. This statement/stance from Silver is one of the f@@king stupidest things I've seen in a while. They own the damn franchise for which the players play. The stockholders own the damn business for which I work. I've never seen anyone say the team owners own the players nor have I seen the stockholders claim to own me.

Back
Top Bottom