| FTBL In today's age, it's asking too much to expect Alabama beat writers (or any beat writers) to know the rules.

I'm not surprised this comes from TDA. I am surprised no one thought for a second to actually check and see if it's against any rules. It's not except for Big12 conference play. I am surprised at how many don't know that the visiting team bring their conference officials with them on the road.

The media didn't save Bama from a 15 yard penalty. It should be a $15 dollar fine for ignorance.

A penalty? Really? Are they THAT sensitive about it? Well boo-fuckin-hoo.

I wonder what they'd think about our special rendition of "Dixieland Delight". They tried to silence it by turning the sound way up and then blasting out different words are the appropriate time. It doesn't really work, though. You can still hear what the fans are saying.

A penalty? Really? Are they THAT sensitive about it? Well boo-fuckin-hoo.
I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here; just asking you to consider something for a second.

Do you remember Ingram and Julio doing the "Gator Chomp" in 2009? Hell of a moment with both kids having a blast: together.

Hypothetical: Now, let's take both guys doing the same thing during the game when Julio blows past Brandon Spikes because of a Mark Ingram block—and it's (the chomp) directed towards Spikes. Does that deserve a taunting penalty?

Let's say we saw Metchie doing the Crimson Crane right in front of Nakobe Dean in the SECCG after a touchdown reception. Taunting?

The way the Big 12's coordinator of officials phrased it, "if the horns down is done towards a Texas player it could result in a penalty." It would be flagged as taunting.

Is this one of those "mountain out of a mole hill" deals? Yes. But we are talking about a bunch of vermin. 🙃

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here; just asking you to consider something for a second.

Do you remember Ingram and Julio doing the "Gator Chomp" in 2009? Hell of a moment with both kids having a blast: together.

Hypothetical: Now, let's take both guys doing the same thing during the game when Julio blows past Brandon Spikes because of a Mark Ingram block—and it's (the chomp) directed towards Spikes. Does that deserve a taunting penalty?

Let's say we saw Metchie doing the Crimson Crane right in front of Nakobe Dean in the SECCG after a touchdown reception. Taunting?

The way the Big 12's coordinator of officials phrased it, "if the horns down is done towards a Texas player it could result in a penalty." It would be flagged as taunting.

Is this one of those "mountain out of a mole hill" deals? Yes. But we are talking about a bunch of vermin. 🙃
I was talking about the fans doing it (wasn't clear on that, sorry). Would they really flag the opposing team if their FANS did it? If so, that's some nit-picky bullshit.

I was talking about the fans doing it (wasn't clear on that, sorry). Would they really flag the opposing team if their FANS did it? If so, that's some nit-picky bullshit.
We've seen fans 'flipping the bird' 🖕 at players without flags. Did Tennessee get flagged for throwing things on the field (Kiffin) last season? I don't recall. I'd guess at most they might have received a delay of game penalty; but I digress. 👨‍🏫

No. I don't think they'll flag the fans. And you're right, it would be bullshit.

As I think about this ...

Let's say Anderson gets a sack on the student's end of the stadium. He's looking at them and throws the "horns down." I don't think that would get flagged. 🤷‍♂️

Ahh, ok, so maybe this was my misunderstanding. If a player is looking up into the crowd he can do it after a score or a play, but if he's directing it at a player he can be flagged? While so petty on the highest level, I am good with it if that is called as well for talking trash and staring a guy down after a hit or catch.

Of course. Could just play football with out doing it or bird or gator chomp or such
And stay focused on mission
I know. Old school thinking....
Old school or not, it IS the best policy. And I know Coach Saban would want that, as well.

Remember way back when Coach Bryant told the guys that no matter win or lose, you do it with class. If you hit a guy and knock him on his butt, you help him, then go back and do it, again.

It seems things like that aren't really taught, anymore. Or, they're taught and the guys just don't do what they're taught. Which is a whole other thing, in itself.

Old school or not, it IS the best policy. And I know Coach Saban would want that, as well.

Remember way back when Coach Bryant told the guys that no matter win or lose, you do it with class. If you hit a guy and knock him on his butt, you help him, then go back and do it, again.

It seems things like that aren't really taught, anymore. Or, they're taught and the guys just don't do what they're taught. Which is a whole other thing, in itself.
Taught my granson that. Coach fussed at him for helpingkid up. ..lol

Back
Top Bottom