| FTBL In the "Away Tix" thread, 50+ brings up a point about visiting opponents stadiums. How many have you visited only to swear to never return?

TerryP

Staff
Sitting is awful....the seating is small...cheek to cheek...went to restrooms a couple years ago at UT ...stunk..water running onfloor...urinals nasty... was disgraceful

And then...getting me cranked up here...the fans...holy crude... what an awful bunch of asses.... every bama-UT game i have been to in last 20 years..there has been an issue.. ms50+ said..."never more" ( wasnt quoting Poe either)

Neyland is one of those with me. Sure, it was fun seeing the Tide play the Vols but other than what was happening on the field was dwarfed by the environment.

He mentions the restrooms at Neyland. I've had the same experience in Jordan-Hare: never to return. Vandy trips just aren't worth the time, effort, or money.

Now, there's two I wouldn't choose to attend again...but could be convinced in the right circumstances: LSU and UGA.

Are there stadiums/away games you have no interest in seeing again on the road?

I doubt I ever going back to Williams-Bryce. Fans were obnoxious and just wanted trouble.

I doubt I ever go back to Jordan-Hare either. Not so much for anything more than being there for the Kick Six game and having to walk out of that stadium. A few of us Alabama fans were leaving, while every Auburn fan and their momma was coming towards us in an attempt to get onto the field. It was a long walk up from Row 3.

I'll go to Sanford Stadium, but will most likely wait till we humble them again so they can't talk shit about the one win in their last seven against us. They'll do it too, with no shame or decency about them.

Like @TerryP said, I have no desire to go to Vanderbilt and spend the kind of money they wanted on a hotel room for a 50-60 point beatdown. I don't care how cool people think Nashville is, it ain't worth $300-$400 a night, minimum, for a hotel room.

Was attempting to get to Austin this year, but doubting I want to pay the ticket prices. May be in for my first trip to LSU though. Would be interesting, but I heard their tailgates are un0rivaled and they are cool before the game, but during and after are different stories.

Auburn, Columbia SC, and Memphis. But I’ve not been to Gainesville or Baton Rouge. Been to Knoxville many times. I like Vandy, feels like a small home game. State is annoying with the bells but Ole Miss is a good time. Fayetteville and Columbia, MO are not bad.

Back
Top Bottom