| MBB/WBB šŸ€ In other NCAA basketball actionā€”Conference Championship Weekend

Which game has the bigger margin of victory tonight... South Carolina at Kentucky -or- Vanderbilt at Tennessee?
When you asked this last night I looked at KenPom and the NET to see the differences between all four. UofSC was ranked 250+ (263 this morning) versus Kentucky being in the top 50.

"No way that's close." Heck, it was UK -19Ā½ when I looked. Vandy in a 115+ didn't look good, but it was A LOT closer.

UK, losing at home, is one thing. Losing to UofSC? šŸ˜² Lest we forget, the 'Cocks lost by more than 40 this past Saturday.
The Quadrant One and Two is what I was talking about.
Kentucky probably be more like a Q2 win now.
9201, is right. It's a Q2 win, today. The 'Cats play the Vols Saturdayā€”I suspect that's a Q3 game by Sunday.

I have no idea who Florida is this season.

Screenshot 2023-01-11 1.29.20 AM.png

Never underestimate the influence of the Alabama student section. He was thrown out.

How is this sensitive content to viewers (unless you're a member of the Calipari family.)

Auburn won on the road against Ole Miss last night. Beginning to think this is Kermit's last year at Ole Miss. They shot well above their average (43%) from the field and hit 9 threes last night, and still lost to an auburn team that hasn't shot well all year.

Also, Tennessee pulled away from Vanderbilt last night. Tennessee is vulnerable, but they are about as good of a defensive squad as Houston. That game in Knoxville is going to be a war. But I'm glad we're battle tested on the road. Especially if we win against Arkansas tonight.

Mizzou is a wildly inconistent team. I remember watching them vs Arkansas earlier and it looked like they were going to run them out of Bud Walton. Seems like they're just falling apart now.

A&M doing the Frank Martin special. Be complete dog shit in OOC and then wake up in conference play.

Georgia with a complete turnaround at this point. Pretty sure they have doubled last year's conference wins, but as a whole they are better.

Alabama/Tennessee is gonna be a good one!!! We will have to be physical from tge jump. Everything I have seen says we will. This team has taken on Oats' persona. I love it.

At noon (ET) today you can watch Kentucky visiting Tennessee at noon. I'm looking forward to keeping an eye on this one.

A loss for UK will make three in a row leaving UK two games below .500 over the last month of play. Last year we'd have said "at least they're getting a break with Georgia visiting Lexington for their mid-week game." The same probably applies this year: UGA is 0-3 on the road, UK 9-1 at home.

And then next Saturday they host A&M? There's a good chance we're going to be looking at an 11-8 Wildcat team this time next week.

In other news ... for the three teams ranked higher than Alabama right now.

Purdue (#3) ran over Nebraska last night. Kansas (#2) host #14 Iowa State and Houston (#1) has the weekend off.

FmH0gFtXwAIP0ZJ

Vvv
At noon (ET) today you can watch Kentucky visiting Tennessee at noon. I'm looking forward to keeping an eye on this one.

A loss for UK will make three in a row leaving UK two games below .500 over the last month of play. Last year we'd have said "at least they're getting a break with Georgia visiting Lexington for their mid-week game." The same probably applies this year: UGA is 0-3 on the road, UK 9-1 at home.

And then next Saturday they host A&M? There's a good chance we're going to be looking at an 11-8 Wildcat team this time next week.

In other news ... for the three teams ranked higher than Alabama right now.

Purdue (#3) ran over Nebraska last night. Kansas (#2) host #14 Iowa State and Houston (#1) has the weekend off.

In a world where schadenfreude is king ... it occurs there's a part of me that wishes Duke was having the season Kentucky is ...

Only to see Jay Bilas stammer. šŸ˜ˆ

"Where can Kentucky win?" - Jay

"Well, well, well, how the turntables."

Back
Top Bottom