| NEWS In all of D1 sports only nine schools transferred money back to the educational side of campus in FY 2022

Aren't we usually in this metric? Assumed we always made sure to give back. Nebraska, very impressive.
We see the athletic department maintain a "self sustaining" position more often than not.

The department at UA saw profits in '21 and '22. How much of that was due to the SEC bailout? (Covid, to the tune of around 23 million.)

The extra revenue is being used to finance existing debts of the athletic department.

We see the athletic department maintain a "self sustaining" position more often than not.

The department at UA saw profits in '21 and '22. How much of that was due to the SEC bailout? (Covid, to the tune of around 23 million.)

The extra revenue is being used to finance existing debts of the athletic department.

Gotcha Gotcha. We talking baseball stadium renovations and Bryant-Denny upgrades?

Gotcha Gotcha. We talking baseball stadium renovations and Bryant-Denny upgrades?
Among others. I don't know what debt the athletic department is carrying but it's pretty easy to look back and see a lot of the programs getting new equipment, facilities, etc.

Think about it ... just in the last month or so we've talked about the new golf complex as well as the new drainage/heating system for BDS.

Among others. I don't know what debt the athletic department is carrying but it's pretty easy to look back and see a lot of the programs getting new equipment, facilities, etc.

Think about it ... just in the last month or so we've talked about the new golf complex as well as the new drainage/heating system for BDS.
Weight room got 6 or 7 truckloads of new Sorinex equipment a couple of weeks ago.

The questions I have to ask, do these schools need Academic subsidies. Instead of saying that they transferred profits back, couldn't you also say the schools themselves needed to borrow money from Athletics?

Interesting information, not sure what to really make of it without a full breakdown of academic/athletic budgets for those in question. Also if schools aren't giving back with athletics is it because they're flush on the academic side and don't need the assistance? So many obvious flaws in this metric and the way it was presented.

Back
Top Bottom