| FOOD I'm tempted to buy this. Hands free stirrer.

@TerryP that one look like it would work great. My wife got one when it first came out, it didn't work very well, stirring. But this one looks better build.
I saw a video the other day where a lady took an oven rack, put her hand held mixer "in it," and walked away so it stirred itself. (machine on the top, slid in stirrers on the bottom.)

I tried that the other day while making a devils food cake...worked out pretty well.
1703428655028.png
This what you talking about?

Watched a YT demo the other day. Huge fail in anything thicker than soup
What would you use it for outside of sauces? I'm not generally a soup guy outside of potato soup...and I like that thick; IE: O'Charley's.

I'm about to hit the kitchen to make some sauce now...tomato and basil out of the garden. That's a slow stir thing.

'bout to give Pasta Pomodoro its own space in my belly in a few minutes as well...Roma's, out of the garden.

@TerryP that one look like it would work great. My wife got one when it first came out, it didn't work very well, stirring. But this one looks better build.

View attachment 26654
This what you talking about?
I truly don't understand what the hell is going on in this pic. How does the oven rack help? What does it do? On my mixer you just tilt the beaters down into the bowl, turn it on, and away it goes. I had one that also turned the bowl (helped in getting everything mixed up really well), but it burned up and the one I have, now, doesn't do that. I need to get a better one, though.

I truly don't understand what the hell is going on in this pic. How does the oven rack help? What does it do? On my mixer you just tilt the beaters down into the bowl, turn it on, and away it goes. I had one that also turned the bowl (helped in getting everything mixed up really well), but it burned up and the one I have, now, doesn't do that. I need to get a better one, though.
I think they're doing this so they can use a hand mixer like you would a stand mixer. Just holds the mixer in place without having to hold it.

I'm assuming that means your pomodoro sauce came out good. So, did you completely clean out remaining tomatoes on the vine in your garden?
No. Almost. The cold snap killed a few but my Tiny Tims are still producing. No more Roma's except for what I've got frozen for sauces.

I'm going to try a different pasta in the next few weeks...pasta pomodoro is great cold. But angel hair isn't right.

Back
Top Bottom