| LIFE I’m Liking Ammo Prices

I hear that, Eleven. Got 1k rounds of Federal from Ammo Depot for $.33/per. My good buddy is in his last days, going into hospice care tomorrow, told me to take 2,500 rounds of his 5.56 for $.25/per. Can’t ever have enough of that! Tried to give it to me, but I refused. Said he’d accept $600 if I want to give to his wife. He already asked me to inventory his collection once he passes and sell them all, wife doesn’t want them.

Last edited:
Last year (or maybe the year before) Mark's Outdoors had a 50 gallon drum full of 5.56 that they were selling. 14,000 rounds for $11,000 (I think that was the price). Me and another guy at work were trying to find more people to go in with us so we could get it and split it up based on how much you put in. Couldn't find anybody else willing to put in any money for it. And we didn't each have $5,500 at the time for it.

But MAN! I can hardly imagine having that much ammo all at one time. And knowing me, I'd probably start buying more mags to put it all in. But then I'd have to find somewhere to put the extra 230-something mags.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to buy enough ammo to put that number to shame, lol. Or I'd just call an ammo company and tell them to just send me a case or 2 every week.....for a year.....of whatever caliber I needed.

Last year (or maybe the year before) Mark's Outdoors had a 50 gallon drum full of 5.56 that they were selling. 14,000 rounds for $11,000 (I think that was the price). Me and another guy at work were trying to find more people to go in with us so we could get it and split it up based on how much you put in. Couldn't find anybody else willing to put in any money for it. And we didn't each have $5,500 at the time for it.

But MAN! I can hardly imagine having that much ammo all at one time. And knowing me, I'd probably start buying more mags to put it all in. But then I'd have to find somewhere to put the extra 230-something mags.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to buy enough ammo to put that number to shame, lol. Or I'd just call an ammo company and tell them to just send me a case or 2 every week.....for a year.....of whatever caliber I needed.

I'm starting to look at keeping my handgun and rifle rounds limited with a few exceptions. I'm like most, 22LR/9MM/357/45/223-556 are my typical rounds, but I have two odd ones, a Winchester Model 92 and a Ruger revolver, both in 38/40, and I have another Ruger revolver in a 41 magnum. I have a few 357 revolvers and I plan to add a Henry Big Boy in a 357 with the side gate, and I've yet to break down and buy a 10/22 takedown. Those are probably the next two I get.

I started adding rounds slowly from the local Academy, and then I broke down and bought two 300 round packs of 38 special from Palmetto. It got here quick, I was happy. The just under 7 cents a round for 22LR is from Walmart, that's for their 40 grain - 36 grain is a bit more. I haven't really added much 223/556, just watching it ease. Two of my sons wanted to go CMP in Talladega for one's birthday about 18 months ago. I paid almost 90 cents a round for 556. That was an expensive day, $27 a mag.

I'm starting to look at keeping my handgun and rifle rounds limited with a few exceptions. I'm like most, 22LR/9MM/357/45/223-556 are my typical rounds, but I have two odd ones, a Winchester Model 92 and a Ruger revolver, both in 38/40, and I have another Ruger revolver in a 41 magnum. I have a few 357 revolvers and I plan to add a Henry Big Boy in a 357 with the side gate, and I've yet to break down and buy a 10/22 takedown. Those are probably the next two I get.

I started adding rounds slowly from the local Academy, and then I broke down and bought two 300 round packs of 38 special from Palmetto. It got here quick, I was happy. The just under 7 cents a round for 22LR is from Walmart, that's for their 40 grain - 36 grain is a bit more. I haven't really added much 223/556, just watching it ease. Two of my sons wanted to go CMP in Talladega for one's birthday about 18 months ago. I paid almost 90 cents a round for 556. That was an expensive day, $27 a mag.
I have a 6.5CM bolt action rifle. A 20-round box is anywhere from $40-$45. Needless to say, I don't have much ammo for it, lol.

I have a 6.5CM bolt action rifle. A 20-round box is anywhere from $40-$45. Needless to say, I don't have much ammo for it, lol.
I’m right with you there, I’ve got 100 rounds for my creedmore. Haven’t shot it in several years because I want to keep what I’ve got. I’ve got over 5k rounds each of 9, 40, and 5.56. I need to trade a little for more 7mm and 6.5.

I’m right with you there, I’ve got 100 rounds for my creedmore. Haven’t shot it in several years because I want to keep what I’ve got. I’ve got over 5k rounds each of 9, 40, and 5.56. I need to trade a little for more 7mm and 6.5.
CMP in Talladega, should you ever go there, sells ammo pretty cheap, particularly some of the higher end rounds. I think they let you buy several boxes with each trip. Not worth the drive or the range fee to go just for ammo, but a nice bonus if you're there.

Enjoying the deflation in ammo prices. Picked up some .22 just under seven cents, 9’s back in the 20’s, got some 38 specials to plink with in the low forties.
Got 38 yesterday 42$/50 rounds. Better....still high...

I get my 9s from policeman SIL....high 20s to low 30s. Good stuff too

Pretty good price on 22s. Have hadnt to buy any in awhile. Shoot glock 44 ...22 cal... fun n cheap to target shoot

Back
Top Bottom