I'm assuming most have seen the Deontay Wilder video by now?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
I was too busy to post it last week, then forgot about it. Great stuff...

Here is the back story...

Then the fight...

For those that might not know, Wilder is from Tuscaloosa and will be the next heavyweight champ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught that on Twitter a couple of days ago. In fact, I doubt I'd know who Deontay was if it wasn't for Twitter and a couple of the T-town News guys who started talking about him a year or so ago.

Brings me to this question. How many of you know about Deontay?

Yup, saw it last week. Can't believe you haven't seen The Bronze Bomber's name on twitter @TerryP...people been talking about him for 2 years easily now - bama guys. He's next on the list for Heavyweight fight.

I know about him. Almost posted stuff about him a few times here, not sure how many boxing fans there are here...I love boxing.

Deontay hasn't fought alot of big name guys, so gonna be interesting to see this upcoming fight.

Yup, saw it last week. Can't believe you haven't seen The Bronze Bomber's name on twitter @TerryP...people been talking about him for 2 years easily now - bama guys. He's next on the list for Heavyweight fight.

I know about him. Almost posted stuff about him a few times here, not sure how many boxing fans there are here...I love boxing.

Deontay hasn't fought alot of big name guys, so gonna be interesting to see this upcoming fight.

I caught that on Twitter a couple of days ago. In fact, I doubt I'd know who Deontay was if it wasn't for Twitter and a couple of the T-town News guys who started talking about him a year or so ago.

Brings me to this question. How many of you know about Deontay?

I've seen two of his fights—the first in August of last year, I believe.

tko-boxing-boxer-athlete-smiley-emoticon-000579-large.gif

Hmm, Wladimir wants to unify the belts. That's gonna throw a wrinkle into Deontay's plans.

I never really cared for Wladimir, but I did like watching his brother Vitali fight. Probably my favorite fight of his was against South African Corrie Sanders - dude could have probably played on the PGA tour, he was that good at golf. It was a slug fest.

I've known about him for a couple of wins. At first I thought he was a feel-good story candidate, but be he has been dominant. He wins and wins big. He will definitely be the next champ. I usually don't go in for PPV, esp. for fights (huge waste of money for a fight that lasts less than five minutes), but when his title fight comes around, I may have to go have a beer at BWW to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom