| FTBL I'll tell ya one thing about Tennessee right now....

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
I

imported_porkchop

....if they were playing almost anyone else in the country they'd be getting it handed to them. They look horrible on offense with Crompton. Fortunately for Fulmer, his team gets to play a, well.....sorry....UCLA team that just happens to be on quarterback #3 so far this year.

If Tennessee had played anyone with a simblance of a quarterback they'd be heading back to Knoxville tonight 0-1. I know they'll get better with experience, but in game one, Crompton looks horrible, as does the offense in general.

I do not think they are playing that bad, they just can't put a drive together. Their routes remind me of CMA's offense...not many check downs and not QB friendly. They just need a little consistency. Their defense is definitely flying around a lot more than last year.

TigerBait3 said:
I do not think they are playing that bad, they just can't put a drive together. Their routes remind me of CMA's offense...not many check downs and not QB friendly. They just need a little consistency. Their defense is definitely flying around a lot more than last year.

Just for the record that was not CMA's offense. He was calling plays out of someone else's playbook (Joe Pendry's).

TigerBait3 said:

If they can't put a drive together and have only scored one offensive touchdown against what is visibly an inferior defense, doesn't that mean they are playing badly?

Am I missing something?

UT is playing like poop tonight, which is what I expected, but they got ripped off on that safety. It should be 16-10 right now.

Never fails: UT catches teams on their day off. UCLA sucks right now more than they will all year long.

Bamabuzzard said:
TigerBait3 said:

Just for the record that was not CMA's offense. He was calling plays out of someone else's playbook (Joe Pendry's).
Yes and no

CtrlAltieDel said:
TigerBait3 said:

If they can't put a drive together and have only scored one offensive touchdown against what is visibly an inferior defense, doesn't that mean they are playing badly?

Am I missing something?
No, now they are playing AWFUL. I was saying they had some good and bad in the first half and their offensive scoring numbers didn't reflect their potential. Now, in this half, they look terrible.

TigerBait3 said:
Bamabuzzard said:
TigerBait3 said:

Yes and no

CtrlAltieDel said:
TigerBait3 said:

Am I missing something?
No, now they are playing AWFUL. I was saying they had some good and bad in the first half and their offensive scoring numbers didn't reflect their potential. Now, in this half, they look terrible.

When a 3rd string QB beats you've MAJOR problems, and it all starts with the coach.

My son and I were high-fiving, pouring gatoraid on each like no tomarrow after overtime. :lol:

I gotta give Craft a ton of love after showing the moxey he did in the second half. Amazing turnaround and you have to give the kid props for coming out in the second half and doing what he did. The kid went from packing his bags to being the leader of UCLA's football team within the span of a couple of quarters. Absolutely amazing performance in the second half IMHO.

Chow, Neihsiesel (sp?) and Craft sat down, and found what worked against Foolmer's defense and they rode it hard for a win.

Back
Top Bottom