| FTBL If not Saban then Petrino?

Saban > Rich Fraudriguez
Saban > Petrino
Whew, glad we got the guy we did. What exactly happend with Rich Rod? I remember seeing on the local news in Muscle Shoals that the B'ham news was reporting that he would be the next coach. Then the next day he said he was staying at WV. ;scr

Petrino's "antics" at Louisville make Scab's "theory" BS.

In fact, their own AD has commented in the last few weeks that they are still cleaning up some of what he left when he booked to ATL.

We (as in our football staff) dealt with some of his "antics" in the recruitment of Peanut Whitehead. Granted, Whitehead never would have qualified for SEC play, but there was more to the story than just grades.

We aren't the only school who dealt with some of those "antics" on the recruiting trail. In fact, USC (real one) had more trouble with that staff than we did.

TerryP said:

In fact, their own AD has commented in the last few weeks that they are still cleaning up some of what he left when he booked to ATL.

We (as in our football staff) dealt with some of his "antics" in the recruitment of Peanut Whitehead. Granted, Whitehead never would have qualified for SEC play, but there was more to the story than just grades.

We aren't the only school who dealt with some of those "antics" on the recruiting trail. In fact, USC (real one) had more trouble with that staff than we did.

Yessir.

WIth the microscope that stays on the SEC, and the way the coaches backstab, if he tries the same crap at Arkansas that he did at Louisville - they will be a HEAP of trouble.

TerryP said:

That pretty well sums him up.

Let's put it this way Porter. Petrino as Plan B comes from the same that had RichRod as Plan A. If that group would have had their way, which they didn't, I'd dare say the football program would not have had my support today. The Plan B notion here I still contend is BS because it wouldn't have flown past the man holding the gavel.

That same group was up to some things in October and November of that year (family members as well) that came very close to "screwing the pooch" so badly we would have found Coach Moore left interviewing the Jim Levitt's of NCAA football, again.

While the two groups are on the "same side" today, there is still a divide that can be described using the analogy of the aisle on Capital Hill. Both want what they consider to be "best" for the University, but don't agree on how to get there. They didn't then, and they still have a hard time working in a bi-partisan nature today.

I am gald that this possibility never saw the light of day. Petrino ranks right there with Bill Oliver in the ranks of back stabbers. I say that even though both of them did their best back stabbing in situations involving teh barn.

Back
Top Bottom