| LIFE If I had the money...

We met Ladd Drummond while visiting Pawhuska, and I didn't see his family on the list, but they own atleast 500,000 acres of land. Dude was down to Earth and even wearing spurs in their sweets shop where we saw him. Never would know he was worth in the $100M range and be a Top 50 landowner. Those are the kind of folks you respect. I almost would make it my mission to own more than Dr. Evi...I mean Jeff Bezos twerp ass if I had that kind of money.

This is where I'd spent my lottery dollars, and the balance of my days.

I grew up just a couple of miles from this parcel. As part of the old Chelsea Game Preserve, we had access to this land through two entrances, one via Rock Cutter Gap. We would head out in the pickup to try and make it to Signal Point, and gather a truckload of pine kindling (heart pine, fat lighter, longleaf pine hearts, whatever you remember it as) along the way. Forty-plus years ago, timber companies had little use for hardwoods, so they would hand out free annual firewood permits with the agreement that you wouldn't cut pines. It later increased to $10 a year, then they shut access down. I haven't been on that parcel since college. It's a great place.

RTR,

Tim

This is where I'd spent my lottery dollars, and the balance of my days.

I grew up just a couple of miles from this parcel. As part of the old Chelsea Game Preserve, we had access to this land through two entrances, one via Rock Cutter Gap. We would head out in the pickup to try and make it to Signal Point, and gather a truckload of pine kindling (heart pine, fat lighter, longleaf pine hearts, whatever you remember it as) along the way. Forty-plus years ago, timber companies had little use for hardwoods, so they would hand out free annual firewood permits with the agreement that you wouldn't cut pines. It later increased to $10 a year, then they shut access down. I haven't been on that parcel since college. It's a great place.

RTR,

Tim

Wow, great property. I couldn't imagine having that much land to explore.

Back
Top Bottom