| FTBL I wish both Bryce and Will tell us now?

If I were signing an athlete to a NIL deal, I’d try to work something in the deal to align the compensation to games played. Of course a clause regarding injury. But these kids aren’t getting directly paid to play, it’s pay for your endorsement, etc. Doesn’t align to each game. So if they quit mid-way through the season, they can likely keep the pay. Or I assume this.

If I were signing an athlete to a NIL deal, I’d try to work something in the deal to align the compensation to games played. Of course a clause regarding injury. But these kids aren’t getting directly paid to play, it’s pay for your endorsement, etc. Doesn’t align to each game. So if they quit mid-way through the season, they can likely keep the pay. Or I assume this.
One way to feasibly do that is to pay them by the usage of their endorsement. $X up front with $Y per commercial or appearance. Then you can stop using their stuff if they stop playing. That should be legal as long as the contract doesn't state you will no longer use them if they leave the school or stop playing by choice. Of course the thing is that Bryce still helps make you money if he decides to skip the bowl, probably up until he officially leaves school and your contract ends.

I personally hope they play, selfish on my part but I believe Bama has a chance to make a statement and rub it into the Committee's face so to speak. I would love to have seen us get in but understand the dynamics at work in CFB. I hope we go out and whip KS by 40, not sure we will be that motivated but they should be.

Depends on how the contracts are written. Most of the legit NIL deals have stipulations in them (especially the ones with schools like Alabama). The ones where the kid is just paid a lump sum to sign have much less binding structure, if any in some cases (looking at you Texas A&M).

I personally hope they play, selfish on my part but I believe Bama has a chance to make a statement and rub it into the Committee's face so to speak. I would love to have seen us get in but understand the dynamics at work in CFB. I hope we go out and whip KS by 40, not sure we will be that motivated but they should be.

It would be nice to see them on the field in those road white's one last time... but highly unlikely as it stands. If there is a glimmer of positive news from it, it gives some other guys a chance to get more quality reps for 15 practices and some good game experience.

Back
Top Bottom