| FOOD I find this to be an odd tweet. Seafood and Houston?

In a moment of self-realization here...I just realized how much it pisses me off to see people brag about seafood: in land country. I'll grant Houston has a chance to be "semi-fresh." What, 24 hours from the boat to the restaurant? At the best...more like three days.

Versus...

I bought some shrimp on Shem Creek yesterday for a salad I'm making today...some were still squirming. Bought some shark a few weeks ago; fresh.

I'm going to find some black sea bass, personally, in the next few days. I told @Sgt. Lincoln Osiris the other day I was out for a fishing trip...brought back four really good spotted sea trout. When you get around the oyster beds you're throwing back red drums...and I can make a red fish cajun baked dish....

<off rant>

In a moment of self-realization here...I just realized how much it pisses me off to see people brag about seafood: in land country. I'll grant Houston has a chance to be "semi-fresh." What, 24 hours from the boat to the restaurant? At the best...more like three days.

Versus...

I bought some shrimp on Shem Creek yesterday for a salad I'm making today...some were still squirming. Bought some shark a few weeks ago; fresh.

I'm going to find some black sea bass, personally, in the next few days. I told @Sgt. Lincoln Osiris the other day I was out for a fishing trip...brought back four really good spotted sea trout. When you get around the oyster beds you're throwing back red drums...and I can make a red fish cajun baked dish....

<off rant>
You lost me, Houston is a port city on the gulf, plenty of commercial fishing operations and fish markets.

You lost me, Houston is a port city on the gulf, plenty of commercial fishing operations ande fish markets.

Dirty bottoms over there, not the best quality of “sea food”.
There. For one, Tim.

Land city wasn't the best phrase. Petroleum city fits.

Fresh isn't the best word.

A few years ago I built a website for a OK site...layover was Houston. Spent a few days there, often. They brag about Willie G's and that's like Gilligan's here. Fast food with a table cloth.

I get it. There's a different taste to every bite, every meal. Houston is Burger King to Five Guys.

Literally,..

I went to Publix and bought a small turkey today. Why? Rick, a friend of mine, is harvesting oysters out of cove around Murrells Inlet today. That's my dressing...

Great pic of a generator! :devilish:

It's a really good get-away...I'm lucking it's about like a trip to Tuscaloosa to Birmingham; just a tad bit longer. (1'15" or so.)
The only house on the inlet that has a view of the inlet across the street and sits on the beach. Very cool location. Too bad I won't be getting that house again. My wife worked for the guy that owned the place but she no longer works there.

Back
Top Bottom