| FTBL I can't believe my wife let me do it

Birmingham

Verified Member
$9.00 worth of "Alabama Crimson Tide flat" paint and about a million little pieces of tape later....

I'll be putting on another coat of paint tonight, hopefully it will look pretty sharp when it's finished.

Birmingham said:
$9.00 worth of "Alabama Crimson Tide flat" paint and about a million little pieces of tape later....

I'll be putting on another coat of paint tonight, hopefully it will look pretty sharp when it's finished.

B'ham, is that an actual color, like at Sherwin-Williams or some other paint store? My wife said the other day that we ought to fix up our "computer room" in Alabama decor. Thought this was significant 'cause she ain't a huge Bama (or football) fan. She wants to paint it, find or make Bama curtain, and do some other stuff.

CrimsonPirate said:
Birmingham said:

B'ham, is that an actual color, like at Sherwin-Williams or some other paint store? My wife said the other day that we ought to fix up our "computer room" in Alabama decor. Thought this was significant 'cause she ain't a huge Bama (or football) fan. She wants to paint it, find or make Bama curtain, and do some other stuff.

My computer room is small but freakin' loaded with Bama stuff and a giant lizard. I am starting to run out of room.

CrimsonPirate said:
Birmingham said:

I went to wal-mart and told the man at the paint department I wanted a crimson paint to paint my game room in an Alabama theme. He said "I don't have it, but I do have a recipe for it. Do you want it glossy or flat?" I told him "flat"...

... he than proceeds to get a paper that says "Alabama Crimson Tide" on it with a bunch of numbers. He typed the numbers into a computer and all of a sudden different colors of paint were being added to a bucket from the computer. When it stopped, he mixed it and VOILA "Alabama Crimson Tide flat"

Birmingham said:
CrimsonPirate said:
Birmingham said:

I went to wal-mart and told the man at the paint department I wanted a crimson paint to paint my game room in an Alabama theme. He said "I don't have it, but I do have a recipe for it. Do you want it glossy or flat?" I told him "flat"...

... he than proceeds to get a paper that says "Alabama Crimson Tide" on it with a bunch of numbers. He typed the numbers into a computer and all of a sudden different colors of paint were being added to a bucket from the computer. When it stopped, he mixed it and VOILA "Alabama Crimson Tide flat"

You can also go to Home Depot. We use to have a sample brochure and they have about any team you can think of. And Alabama is one of their top teams that they match. If I remember right, it has 3 colors to the team scheme; crimson, white , and gray. But the story about wal mart kinda reminds me of a couple of 1930's mobsters. lol. "You got the stuff? Yeah I got it right here on this piece of paper with all these code numbers." Done in my best God Father voice. :D :lol:

"Alabama Crimson Tide" flat wall pall paint: Nine dollars.

Several rolls of quality painters tape: Ten Dollars.

Paint brushes and plastic floor covers: Fifteen dollars.

Having your wife let you paint the wall for your favorite team: PRICELESS.

Yeah, I went to Lowe's and asked the guy to mix me some Alabama Crimson paint and the gray that goes with it. What came out was this very dark smokey gray (not bad, but a little dark) and some sort of hot pinkish purple red monstrosity. We kept adding black to it to tone it down a little, and used the dark gray as primer. It came out looking pretty good, but you'd never have guessed it from looking at the original paint!!!

Then I added a 3 foot high script "A" in white on one wall, and I'm pretty proud of it. I still need to touch of the "A" a little with some black outline or something, but it looks pretty good. I'll post pictures one day.

Swamptick said:
"Alabama Crimson Tide" flat wall pall paint: Nine dollars.

Several rolls of quality painters tape: Ten Dollars.

Paint brushes and plastic floor covers: Fifteen dollars.

Having your wife let you paint the wall for your favorite team: PRICELESS.

lol, so true

Home Depot has carpet you can order w/the a$# on it, they also have the carpet that looks like field surface turf w/the lines and the a$# logo in the center. It looks very nice, thats the way we are going to do little Semper Jr's. room when he shows up, turf carpet and a murial of Bryant Denny. :D

You can get the paint at Sherwin Williams its called Crimson Red. I checked on it the other day. I'm fixin to do the same basically. I'm tearing out paneling and replacing it with sheetrock.

Back
Top Bottom