| FTBL I came THIS CLOSE ...

I

imported_porkchop

...to crying while watching that Rich Rod interview on ESPN.

How dare WVa, or anyone else for that matter (south of the Mason/Dixon) question or inconvenience Rodriguez for continually shopping year after year and eventually taking a new job (running out on a contract) for an opportunity (yankee media darling+joke conference=winning more games+shot at national championship) to improve the quality of life for his family (as if he was underpayed to begin with).

I'm appalled. And like Tom Lugenbill says, ESPN has no agenda. Never have had one. All you people are the problem.

On a side note; I hope WVa gets every bit of the (I believe) 4 million out of that (insert explative).

porkchop said:
...to crying while watching that Rich Rod interview on ESPN.

How dare WVa, or anyone else for that matter (south of the Mason/Dixon) question or inconvenience Rodriguez for continually shopping year after year and eventually taking a new job (running out on a contract) for an opportunity (yankee media darling+joke conference=winning more games+shot at national championship) to improve the quality of life for his family (as if he was underpayed to begin with).

I'm appalled. And like Tom Lugenbill says, ESPN has no agenda. Never have had one. All you people are the problem.

On a side note; I hope WVa gets every bit of the (I believe) 4 million out of that (insert explative).

Yeah don't forget Saban is a liar and a cheat for skipping out on his contract, but Rich Rod was following his heart :roll: ;pu

One part of this that baffles me is when it has been broken down and explained to those who don't see their own bias,they can't seem to see the obvious in their own faces,stairing at them. It's like they don't have the ability to be objective and look at both sides. Thought that was part of their profession.
It's an impossible mission to set out and get them to understand it.
The two situations are not that dissimilar in regards to what each man wanted to do in the end.

kudzu said:
One part of this that baffles me is when it has been broken down and explained to those who don't see their own bias,they can't seem to see the obvious in their own faces,stairing at them. It's like they don't have the ability to be objective and look at both sides. Thought that was part of their profession.
The two situations are not that dissimilar in regards to what each man wanted to do in the end.

The Saban/Miami and Rodriguez/WVU story lines have NEVER been about the coach and teams - it's ALWAYS been handled in the media as Saban/Media and Rodriguez/Media. Saban gives the media a hard time so they crucify him at each opportunity. Rodriguez trots Mrs. Big Hair out to cry for them and then wallows around with anyone who'll interview him and he's just following his heart. If Saban had destroyed one scrap of paper the Dolphins had wanted, or if he'd filed suit to get out of paying a contractual buyout, it'd be all over the news. With Rodriguez, he gets a pass.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
kudzu said:

The Saban/Miami and Rodriguez/WVU story lines have NEVER been about the coach and teams - it's ALWAYS been handled in the media as Saban/Media and Rodriguez/Media. Saban gives the media a hard time so they crucify him at each opportunity. Rodriguez trots Mrs. Big Hair out to cry for them and then wallows around with anyone who'll interview him and he's just following his heart. If Saban had destroyed one scrap of paper the Dolphins had wanted, or if he'd filed suit to get out of paying a contractual buyout, it'd be all over the news. With Rodriguez, he gets a pass.

RTR,

Tim

No questions about that.
I know it's easy to complain from a fan,or homer as some say, stand point but I'm realistic when it comes to stuff like this. Blatant and obvious bias exsits. Like I said easy to point from a fans perspective but how can even rivals not see what's right there?
Finebomb is one thing but the mainstream media pumping it is totally different.

I hope WVa gets every bit of the 4 mil that lil snot nose b**ch owes them. Like what was already said Saban gives the media a hard time and Rich Rod chases the cameras down to put his purty lil face on it. But, remember Luginbill already said it ESPN doesn't have an agenda.

RTR,
Cory

ElephantStomp said:
I hope WVa gets every bit of the 4 mil that lil snot nose b**ch owes them. Like what was already said Saban gives the media a hard time and Rich Rod chases the cameras down to put his purty lil face on it. But, remember Luginbill already said it ESPN doesn't have an agenda.

RTR,
Cory

You think he's purdy?

I don't see how RR has a leg to stand on. WVU seems to be holding all of the cards on this one. He signed the contract that said he had to pay 4 mil if he left and was DUMB enough not to have the payoff written into his Meechigan contract. What an idiot. Did he think they were going to let that slide? Putz.

The only out he may have is that the school promised more $ for his assistants and facilities upgrades in addition to his personal pay raise, and those things did not happen. There is obviously a lot of bitterness onboth sides of this issue. Woulld he have destroyed the paper files if WVU hadn't already been trying to get the four meg? Who knows.

I'm sure W Va fans understand a little now about how we felt after Fraudchione's deserting us.

I agree with CRR that it is pretty ridiculous that young people get drug through the mud for something so trivial as changing jobs.

CNS shouldn't have been giving crap for coming to Bama. CRR should not have been given crap for going to Michigan. Coach Billy Bob shouldn't get crap for switching jobs...

Just my thoughts though...

Outlaw said:
I agree with CRR that it is pretty ridiculous that young people get drug through the mud for something so trivial as changing jobs.

CNS shouldn't have been giving crap for coming to Bama. CRR should not have been given crap for going to Michigan. Coach Billy Bob shouldn't get crap for switching jobs...

Just my thoughts though...

While I fully agree with you, what I don't like is that he's trying to get out of his buyout. Now if all of his claims that the WVU boosters didn't live up to the bargain are 100% true, hats off to him for getting out of the buyout. If thats not the case, tough luck and pay the piper. Like someone else said he should have had the deep pockets at Meeeechigan to pay off his debts.

Yup I agree. I don't think people would eally care about him leaving, but then leave and then refuse to pay the money that you said (by saying the contract) you'd pay if you left early. That's low ball in my opnion.

Back
Top Bottom