| FTBL How Nick Saban kept RB Trey Sanders going after accident

“I think Coach Saban was one of the main persons who kept me going throughout the process because it was times where I felt like I couldn’t do it,” Sanders said. “It was times I was in a wheelchair and I was just rolling around the facility and going out to practice, watching other dudes practice and stuff like that. I wasn’t able to go out there and practice.

“And Coach Saban would call me into meetings and he’d talk to me and he’d give me hope on the future. Each time he talked to me, he gave me hope and just gave me a better outlook on how I wanted to come out of my injury and come out of my car wreck. I felt like having Coach Saban on my side, that’s helped me a lot, most definitely.”

Sanders also detailed how much the Crimson Tide’s training has meant to him in his career.

“I’ve known the training staff since the first day I got here,” Sanders said. “My freshman year when I got injured, that’s pretty much when the process really started. Just being there every day and having them not only commit to the whole team but just commit to me and my process because it wasn’t easy every day for me to come out there and go out there and just train. Some days, I didn’t wanna get up. It was a lot of times I didn’t wanna get up.

“But having the training staff push me every day, having them in my corner no matter how hard things get, they’re on my side, keep on pushing me through. Jeremy (Gsell), Jeff (Allen), people like that, it’s been a blessing just to have a training staff like that. Not many people get to have that. I’m just blessed to have one like it.”

Back
Top Bottom